This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A highly edited resume was submitted

Currently, my employer is hiring a replacement for me. No worries, though, I'm getting promoted to the supervisor of my current job. Oh, and this is very important, I work in the Finance department.

As part of my promotion, I was given the task of sorting through resumes and scheduling interviews to find my replacement. As my boss and I were going through them, I saw a resume for a guy named F. The last name was pretty unusual and matched the name of someone I used to work with at my previous employer.

I said "No way, can't be him. But let me check!" and snagged the application. Sure enough, it was F!

Of course, his resume was highly edited. It neglected to mention his year and half at <previous employer> as a night auditor. And his other job with them as a cashier. And it left out the part where he was fired after his parole officer called up and explained that F wasn't supposed to be handling cash in any way shape or form, as part of his probation for fraud and embezzlement. It wasn't in a state where <previous employer> normally runs a CORI check, so that got 'overlooked.'

Sooo, yeah, needless to say I returned his application to HR noted as a 'No' to an interview for reason 'Applicant neglected to mention his previous conviction for fraud and that he is not to work in a job where he handles money.'

His resume also listed that he runs a bookeeping firm out of his house with a number of local clients. I wish there was some way I could contact those clients and clue them in on what happened, but I'm pretty sure that would open me and my current employer up to some unwanted legal action.

Can you drop a line to his parole officer? Or the Attorney General?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I tried to get the parole officer's number from <previous employer> but the bitch HR lady said she 'misplaced it' in his file. She and I get along like a starving badger and a starving wolverine locked in a small room with one steak. So I'm not surprised there was no help to be had.

I could call the attorney general, but his conviction was in another state and I really don't want to drag myself too deep into this. They didn't lock him up for the work he did as a night auditor, I doubt that applying for a job in our Finance department will be that big a deal. I do know which small local businesses might be in trouble due to 'bookeeping' irregularities, though.

Comment

if you really want to do something, send an anonymous letter away from work time to the city letting them know there's an individual with given background running a business doing bookkeeping

they either go after him for being unlicensed if he is and they get to find the parole officer for you. the city loves getting missing business licensing fees and doing audits for owed taxes

Comment

well I guess it depends if he was told to list all the employers in the past year or not on the app, I have heard it alright to leave some off of the resume.... but as you mentioned it was shady situation, good to know you remembered him and prevented any disasters for your company
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

This sort of thing happens with amazing frequency in our small state. Bookkeeper embezzles money, bookkeeper gets caught. Firm is so embarrassed that they accept a plea bargain and an offer to repay to avoid publicity.

Bookkeeper moves to new town.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

Working...
            X