Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got my first ever cell phone and...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my first ever cell phone and...

I tried setting up voicemail. I held down 1, the voice told me to put in my code, I did. Then the voice told me to press the pound key. I did, and it did nothing. The voice kept saying "Please press the pound key. You will find the pound key below the nine and beside the 0." Meanwhile I'm pressing it over and over and nothing happens until the voice says "sorry you're having trouble. Please try again later." It's a Nokia 2760 phone I got from PetroCan. Does anybody have any ideas of what's the matter?
    I have activated the phone, and I've been using it. So I have no other problems with it.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Voice mail is a carrier issue, not a phone issue. you need to call your carrier customer support and talk to them.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Try soft resetting your handset (which is removing the battery while the handset is on, and then putting it back in), power it on, and try again. Also try putting your SIM card into another phone to see if you experience the same problem. If you don't, the pound key on the original phone might have issues.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Thanks!
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
          Also try putting your SIM card into another phone to see if you experience the same problem. If you don't, the pound key on the original phone might have issues.
          Canada doesn't have SIM cards in our cell phones.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

correction, some providers in canada dont have sim cards.
            mine does

Comment

Most don't. My Bell phone didn't, my Telus phone didn't. I'm fairly certain my friend's Roger's phone didn't, but that was a few years ago, so Rogers may have upgraded. Frankly, I wish they all would. It'd make life *a lot* easier. For curiosity's sake, who are you with?

Comment

rogers / fido

Comment

I don't think I have a SIM card either....

I just checked, I don't.
                  Last edited by Aethian; 09-10-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Oops
                    We have sim cards here in South Africa. I take it the Canadian phones have built in SIMs then??
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I don't know about Canadian but my virgin mobile phone doesn't have a SIM card.

Comment

depends who your cell company is,
                        if you dont have a sim card only the company can program it.
                        well normaly

Comment

iradney: Technially it's not SIM, there's some other acronym, and they're locked to the provider. Most carriers have special deals with phone manufacturers so if you want a specific brand, you need to go to a specific carrier. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the cell phone situation in Canada's brutal.

If Fido's got SIM cards now, with luck the rest of Rogers will follow, and from there, the other major carriers usually follow suit. In my experience, Rogers does it first, but worst.

Hey MM, any update?

Comment

Working...
                          X