This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDiot proves immaturity

If you're IDed for cigarettes, what's the best way to prove your maturity?

a) Show some ID.
    b) Throw a tantrum.

This SC chose the second option. He started shouting and swearing when I asked him for ID, claiming that since he was wearing the uniform shirt of a well known pub chain, that was proof enough. Sorry mate, but you could have borrowed that shirt from a friend or brother, and it doesn't count as ID. Also, you should bloody well know better, if you work in a pub! Needless to say, he didn't get his ciggies and left screaming abuse.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Did he say he won't be back?

Comment

Waaaaay back during my supermarket days, when I worked the smoke counter, I had a guy try name-dropping....a girl in the customer service booth, who had no authority over me whatsoever, or anyone else for that matter.

Sorry pal, no ID, no smokes.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

One can only hope he was so offended and outraged that he'll take his business (and immaturity) elsewhere from,now on.
        I also have to deal with the ID issue, I also happen to be one of those people who looks younger than they are so I've been on both ends of the scenario. However annoying it is, it's the fault of the person who forgets their ID, I'd never shout at someone for doing their job!

Comment

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post
          I also happen to be one of those people who looks younger than they are
          I looked approximately 12 until 5 or 6 years ago. I think right now I look right around my age (39), but I still get carded a lot. It's annoying, but whatever. The cashiers/bartenders/waitresses have a job to do. It takes 10 seconds to show my ID. No big deal.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Were I a more malicious person, I'd go to said pub and tell his bosses how their employee conducts himself after work.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

The only time I've ever been carded is when I turn in 1 dollar scratchers, which I usually buy with found pennies sometimes nickels, once or twice dimes. And if one of the 3 people who know me by site are there they don't bother. The one time I bought tobacco at age 19 for my manager I didn't get a second look. The 2 times I bought alcohol.... my dad bought it or I was me carded.

Comment

Update: The SC actually raised himself in my estimation as he returned about a week ago and apologised. And yes, he did have his ID this time. XD
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I can recall one custy who tried to use tattoos of his name on his arms as ID's. Sorry the file with that name stays under lock and key--if the SM recognizes you as you claim, you'll have to come back when she's in.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My husband and I were both carded when we purchased drinks with dinner last night. I'm 35 tomorrow, and my husband is 40. I haven't been carded in at least 5 years. Instead of whining, I handed her my ID (well after I handed her my debit card, but that was an accident lol) and she brought me back a pinapple, blueberry margarita, that after I drank it, I then read the ingredients and learned it was aaaallllll alcohol. No mix. Just infused tequila and triple sec. I was happy last night

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Update: The SC actually raised himself in my estimation as he returned about a week ago and apologised. And yes, he did have his ID this time. XD
                      This is a sure sign of the apocalypse!!!
                      I no longer fear HELL.
                      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        Waaaaay back during my supermarket days, when I worked the smoke counter, I had a guy try name-dropping....a girl in the customer service booth, who had no authority over me whatsoever, or anyone else for that matter.

Sorry pal, no ID, no smokes.
                        Not only do retailers require ID for cigarette/tobacco purchases if you look under 27, the vape shop I go to requires valid photo ID for EVERYONE, regardless of age (we'll call this place HappyVapes.)

I can't tell you the last time I was carded for a pack of smokes (which, frankly, I don't even recall ever being carded for smokes - alcohol, definitely but not smokes.)

No problem . . . I'll gladly pull it out and give it to the clerk. Still do this, regardless of how many times I've been in there now (been there so much now that I'm on my 2nd rewards card . . . buy 10 bottles and you get either a free bottle of e-liquid or 15% off your purchase - sweet deal ) I'll have it out along w/my debit card and my rewards card (that 15% off helps when you're buying mods and other accessories.)

Another thing that sets vape shops apart from regular retailers who sell tobacco products: no one under 18 can enter.

Meaning, if you don't have ID showing that you are at least 18, Gord can show you the door.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X