This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotels =/= bar or a club

So it's a Friday night and this 21 year old girl checks in. How did I know that she was 21? Well, I checked her ID and it said it. She looked like she was 13 though. Plus, it said that today was her birthday. She was all dressed in a sparkly outfit, with a sparkly crown on her head. Looked ridiculous, but hey, I used to work at a place next to concert venue, and there was all sorts of crazier outfits worn there, so I wasn't too suspicious.
    She had booked the largest rooms we have, a suite that can hold 8 pple max. So I checked her in, gave the keys, and she seemed okay, just a little ditzy. Her friends behind her though, they were rolling their eyes and seemed to have bad attitudes.
    So everything was nice and quiet, and then I get a call from the room next to hers.

Room: They're having a party and I can't sleep! RAWR

So I send the security guard there, and he's all too eager to break it up, and next thing I know, the girl's friends are running straight out the door! Like Hell's bats! The security guard tells me that he counted 25 people crammed in there, hooping and hollering and having a grand ol time, music playing. Miss Little Birthday Girl was told to keep it down (she must've peed herself when she got lectured by our scary guard) and I didn't hear a peep out of her or the room next door to hers, so all's well.

I really don't get the mentality that pple think a hotel is for a late night party, like a club or a bar. This girl might've been young, but I've seen people older than her think so. That and I love my security guard.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Did you have to comp any rooms?

Comment

Had I been the guest next to Party Hardies I'd have called the cops rather than the front desk. "Underage Drinking suspected" will get the boys in blue out here darn quick.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Agreed, when you get old enough to legitimate get the "adult" perks, you also get the adult penalties, like, incarceration, in the big boy/girl lockup. Not the study hall after school....
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I really don't get the mentality that pple think a hotel is for a late night party
          Likely they weren't ALL old enough to drink. The bars and clubs would've asked for proof from all of them.

I'd bet they also figured they're paying for the room so they can do whatever they want. The thought that they might disturb other people never crossed their minds.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It should be illegal to make so much noise in anything but a bar or a club. As far as I know, it is. Called the city's noise ordinance. Take it to DC if you wanna party. Idiot girl.
            I'd also like to add that we are not a starbux or any kind of coffee place either. People think we're supposed to have good coffee at all times. My CW got chewed out for that.
            WE ARE A HOTEL. Sleepy time! >_<
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I'm guessing that if several of the party attendees booked it as soon as they saw a security person, they were underage. That was the way we dealt with the idiot college students at the complex where we used to live. The ones who decided to play beer pong right by the vollyball courts scattered as soon as they saw a badge.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I like your hotel as they have security who intimidates. Years ago, I stayed at a Ramada in Atlanta, and a whole high school football team was there. Called the front desk three times, and finally they called the police on the fourth time. That still did nothing.

I was in the high school band, and our director would never have permitted this. And, had it gone that far, Lord knows what would've happened.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  I'm guessing that if several of the party attendees booked it as soon as they saw a security person, they were underage.
                  and/or had some cannibis
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think hotels should be able to add in a "noise complaint fee" to help compensate for comp'd rooms caused by disturbance. Have that in the little sign off section right next to the "you will be charged if you smoke in this non-smoking room" fee.

Comment

Their mindset seems to be 'I paid for this room, therefor I can do whatever I want in it!' Without consequence it seems!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                        I was in the high school band, and our director would never have permitted this. And, had it gone that far, Lord knows what would've happened.
                        When I worked at the hotel, the parents and coaches and were just as bad, drinking and hollering in the halls, and not even watching the kids.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                          CustomerService Vid: "At Hellton we treat the customer like kings!!!"
                          Oh, you mean like Louis XVI or Charles I?
                          Last edited by XCashier; 05-30-2015, 06:28 PM.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                          X