This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster coffee!

A while ago the Green Mermaid coffee shop extended their mobile order and pay service to android phones. A few days ago I used it for the first time, as a test. I often run across the street to grab coffee while on break. To be honest, I'm probably a bit impatient. I'm not mean to anyone, of course. It just makes me sad when someone takes forever to order one thing or suddenly wants to look at ALL of the pastries, or has to scroll through 500 texts to find what her friend wanted.

So I order while standing in the break room. It says 3-6 minutes. I walk across the street and go to the pickup counter. I notice it's fairly slow, and only one person was at the register ordering. The barista sees me and he's always there in the morning, so we recognize each other. He immediately says "mobile order?" and he hands me my drink. Total time, about 30 seconds. The lady I saw ordering when I first came in wasn't done as I breezed through the doors to leave.

I realize this doesn't sound like too big a deal, but it was amazing.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Ain't modern technology grand?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      Ain't modern technology grand?
      ... when it works ...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Ain't modern technology grande?
        Fixed that for you - after all, it IS the "green mermaid". Of course, it could also be tall or venti.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've ordered this way since, and it's been awesome. I realize I sound a bit annoying, but this sort of thing is pretty much my dream since HS when I started frequenting coffee shops. Now if they'd move the whole road so I don't have to dodge cars getting there...
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I hear you. I too always seem to get behind the indecisive ones. Its esp annoying when I know exactly waht i want, and can order and be done, and getting my stuff before they've even decided!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              I hear you. I too always seem to get behind the indecisive ones. Its esp annoying when I know exactly waht i want, and can order and be done, and getting my stuff before they've even decided!
              This is why I've fallen in love with the double drive-thru concept. At first I hated it until I realized that many times there will be a car at one drive-thru and I will pull up to the other one, order, and be on my way before the first car is done deciding what they want. Boom!
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I may have to start doing that on my drive in to work. It's a long drive, and being able to mobile order and pick right up would be sweet!!!

Comment

Working...
                X