This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Darkwish View Post
    Were you referring to spritzing the cigarette or the smoker?
    The idea was to spritz the cigarette, but if you aim it just right, you could get both.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

When I worked for Publix, just as I had started, they banned smoking in the stores. Nearly every aisle had an ashtray at the end where people could flick their ashes, although many would just flick them on the floor, or stomp on their butts when they were finished. One night, when I was the front end in-charge, I had this old woman who I almost had to throw out of the store for not putting out her cigarette. They had signs right at the door that showed it wasn't allowed, and I even politely told her she would need to finish it up outside as we did not allow smoking. She felt that was customer abuse! Our manager took care of it, and she actually left. No tears on that one.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        When I worked for Publix

Yummmmmm....Publix subs...

Oh, wait. What was the topic again? Sorry!
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Publix is a sandwich shop?? Learn something new every day. There's a gas station around here where the daytime employee is a chain smoker. Its a tiny little building and the you can see the haze through the windows from outside.

Comment

When I lived in Ireland

Before the smoking ban, peoplewould smoke in pubs, cinemas, videorental places, you name it. So sometimes a sign is a good thing, it prevents suckyness. Yay signs!!!
            It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Most smoke detectors are factory preset to ignore tobacco smoke. You can also buy ones specifically designed to go berserk at any smoke of any kind; This type is commonly used in hospitals, for example. You can turn the former into the latter with a little internal tweaking; Saves some money if you know what you're doing.

While hosing someone down with a fire extinguisher can often be assault, installing an automatic fire suppression system in a gas station generally is not. And since smoking in a gas station is almost always forbidden by law (exact distance from the pumps varies by state and country), there's not alot of recourse for someone who found themselves doused in firefighting foam for breaking the smoking in a gas station ban.

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
                Before the smoking ban, peoplewould smoke in pubs, cinemas, videorental places, you name it. So sometimes a sign is a good thing, it prevents suckyness. Yay signs!!!
                This ban isn't effective everywhere yet. When I went to the Smoky Mountains two years ago, we ate at a Shoney's in Pigeon Forge that still has smoking and non-smoking areas. It made me forget how different things are in Florida.

Comment

Working...
                X