Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just one connection they work with. there's a whole bunch of them inside in random locations and different designs. Some even use vital components that don't have an alternate replacement as these switches. (fuses, transformers, etc) To get around these, you literally have to build one yourself o rewire your car, which is dangerous at the best of times.

It's like if there was one built into a motherboard (I know, a computer analogy for a car) and only that type of board would work. You can't bypass it without ruining the board, and the only other alternative is to build a new board.

Sneaky, but effective.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My personal favorite story of a DUI was the one in Logan, Utah.

The police were called about a possible DUI. Seems a couple of men who were fairly drunk were seen leaving a bar and getting into a car. So the police were waiting in the area when the car drove by on the MAIN street through town. The car was swerving all over the road. So the police pulled out from the sidestreet and pulled the guys over. The driver was charged with DWI (driving while intoxicated- he was under the legal limit but obviously impaired) and the passenger was charged with DUI. This in itself was not remarkable. What was remarkable however was that the driver was completely BLIND. He was legally blind from birth and had never driven a car. The two men had gone out for a night on the town. The driver had gotten so drunk and knew he was too drunk to drive. So he had his friend, who was less drunk than he was, drive. Even though he was legally blind. The drunk man simply called out directions to his friend on which way he needed to turn the wheel and when he needed to use the brake pedal. You can imagine the hilarity in this. I think they said the cops, while less than amused at the time laughed about it for a whole week at the stationhouse.

I'll always remember that story cause when I saw it on the web my first thought was, "geez!!! I've heard of the blind leading the dumb....but never the blind driving the drunk."

Hey this would be a great poll!!!

What would you guys come up with if (after reading this story) someone said, "I've heard of the blind leading the dumb...." (You finish the sentence. )
      Last edited by Brightglaive; 04-25-2008, 07:24 PM.
      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

The thing with the friend who was busted for sleeping in his car drunk... if the car had NOT BEEN TURNED ON, he wouldn't have been charged, but as he had started the car, technically he was in control of a vehicle, whether it was parked or not (and it's REAL easy to nudge a car out of park accidentally while sleeping in the passenger seat, trust me - my brother did it once, and he was 2).

I once dated a guy who had been busted for a DUI for driving TOO SLOWLY on his way home LOL Then he got busted for a SECOND TIME, even though his blood alcohol was way under the limit, because he didn`t realize that once you've been busted, your plate is flagged in the system, and you're not allowed to have ANY alcohol in your system until your probation is over and done with. Idjit. He'd had ONE beer, while his brother, whose license was clean, hadn't had any (brother in the passenger seat). I tore him a new one for that, cause he actually lost his license the 2nd time and couldn't pick his kids up at their mom's anymore *or* get to work.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
          (and it's REAL easy to nudge a car out of park accidentally while sleeping in the passenger seat, trust me - my brother did it once, and he was 2).
          Definitely. My brother and I were about 3 or 4 when my mom pulled into the bottom of the road leading up the hill to our house, and she stopped to hop out and get the mail. One of us hit the shifter, and it rolled off the hill, across the road, across a neighbor's yard, and ass-end into a creek. It took hours to get it out. (I also have a clear memory of a neighbor holding me as we watched, and telling me to look at what I did. )
          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
          X