This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer is a dick to hotels.

Had a caller ask about rates and if we accepted a coupon we sometimes put out. I said that yes we do as long as it's not expired. She then asked what the going rate is for tomorrow.

Me: $104 plus tax.
    SC: Are there any discounts on that?
    Me: Unfortunately, no. We're already almost sold out so those rates aren't flexible.
    SC: You're just a wienie.
    Me: Thank you *click*

Bonus: Our hotel is located on Major Street and Major Interstate. (Why it's an interstate when it starts and stops in my state, I'll never know) I had to spend 5 minutes giving a lady directions to that interstate. She's gone for about an hour and comes back still lost. I spent another 10 minutes giving her directions, even as going as far as stepping outside pointing to the overpass. "See that overpass? That's the interstate."
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

"but a wienie who can afford a hotel room.. (double click)!!!"

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      and you're a cheap
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Bonus: Our hotel is located on Major Street and Major Interstate. (Why it's an interstate when it starts and stops in my state, I'll never know)
        Interstate 99 by any chance? That's a funny story. Or is it a 1xx/2xx/3xx?
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

It's I-2xx.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Me: $104 plus tax.
            SC: Are there any discounts on that?
            Me: Unfortunately, no. We're already almost sold out so those rates aren't flexible.
            Me: Thank you *click*
            Obviously this one doesn't know how to negotiate. "You're just a weenie?"

My youngest nephew is now 4 1/2 and he can come up with a better response than that.

So now parents are letting their toddlers call and make hotel reservations now?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              It's I-2xx.
              In my experience, 3-digit interstates are usually bypasses that don't actually leave the state. For example, I-285 in Atlanta is a big circle around the city, since it's often faster to go around the city than to take I-75 through the city.
              The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                In my experience, 3-digit interstates are usually bypasses that don't actually leave the state.
                If the hundreds digit is even, it normally rejoins the base interstate (and possibly loops all the way around a city). If the hundreds digit is odd, it doesn't.

Comment

The secref behind interstate highway numbers...

First off, if it's odd, it goes north-south (for the most part). If it's even it goes east-west.

If it's 3-digit, check the first digit. If it's even, fhen it loops around the city. If it's odd, it spurs directly into the city (again, for the most part).

Mind, these are American interstates. YMMV.
                  Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                    In my experience, 3-digit interstates are usually bypasses that don't actually leave the state. For example, I-285 in Atlanta is a big circle around the city, since it's often faster to go around the city than to take I-75 through the city.
                    The naming schemes are bit odd.

I-5 is the one that runs the length of the West Coast.

I-205 (the local one) is a bypass that skips much of the Portland Metro area. It starts somewhere south of Portland, and ends in Washington somewhere in (or north of) Vancouver, WA.

There are other I-205s in other places where they want to skip big cities.

We've also got an I-405 that goes one the west side of the Willamette and skirts the west edge of Downtown Portland.

Other interstates have similar I-2xx and I-4xx bypasses.

I'm not sure what the east-west interstates use.

Oh yeah,, if the final digit of the I-xxx is odd, it's north/south. If it's even, it's east/west.

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                      I'm not sure what the east-west interstates use.
                      Same thing, generally. As a previous poster indicated, for a 3-digit interstate number, if the first digit is odd it's usually a spur to take you into the city (see: I-196, Grand Rapids, MI), but if it's even it's a bypass around the city (I-696, Detroit suburbs).

The first digit isn't necessarily unique, either--both Michigan and Ohio have an I-275 and an I-475. My understanding is that the first digit won't repeat within a state.

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                      Oh yeah,, if the final digit of the I-xxx is odd, it's north/south. If it's even, it's east/west.
                      Again, as a previous poster indicated, this is usually but not always true.

For example, I-69. South of Lansing, MI it's a north/south road. Between Lansing and where it ends at the Canadian border (Port Huron, MI/Sarnia, ON crossing), it's an east/west road (and is labeled accordingly).
                      "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
                        The first digit isn't necessarily unique, either--both Michigan and Ohio have an I-275 and an I-475. My understanding is that the first digit won't repeat within a state.
                        New York and Massachusetts both have I-190 and I-290. Delaware has I-495, as do Maryland/District of Columbia/Virginia (second case has the same road running through all 3 jurisdictions, although DC is just "cutting a corner" for less than 1/10 of a mile).

Quoth BPFH View Post
                        For example, I-69. South of Lansing, MI it's a north/south road. Between Lansing and where it ends at the Canadian border (Port Huron, MI/Sarnia, ON crossing), it's an east/west road (and is labeled accordingly).
                        I-77 and I-81 are both north/south roads. For a few miles near Wytheville VA, they occupy the same piece of pavement - with northbound I-77 being southbound I-81. This is the only place in the interstate system where one piece of highway has 2 numbers running in opposite directions (although there are many places where a north/south interstate and an east/west interstate share the same piece of pavement, with one of those being the "dyslexic's nightmare" for a few miles south of Lansing MI where I-69 and I-96 occupy the same pavement).
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

"SC: You're just a wienie."

Wow, they really told you. What a comeback. Champagne quality.

O_o

Comment

Working...
                          X