Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. postal service has been a mess for at least the past 45 years. I mailed out invitations for my graduation party -- my house number was 613 on our street -It took 8 days to actually get to 614 on our street. Yup, 8 days to cross the road.

Comment

I am now at the point where if I need to send something to someone in my city, I just take it myself. It's faster and actually gets there.
      "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
      "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
      ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

AusPost were talking about only delivering three days a week instead of five.

Most of their funding comes from sales, stamps, etc but there seems to be a bit of Federal money still going in.

And Tolly, I've had things arrive from Amazon quicker than that, and I'm in a rural area of Tassie.

Comment

Okay, I am in one of the bigger Tassie cities, that is Not Fair. Unless they deliberately prioritise stuff like Amazon, which frankly wouldn't surprise me.

Still blaming Tony Abbott for the few zillion dollars he's taken from Aus Post in this budget and the last one.
          "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
          "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
          ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
            U.S. postal service has been a mess for at least the past 45 years. I mailed out invitations for my graduation party -- my house number was 613 on our street -It took 8 days to actually get to 614 on our street. Yup, 8 days to cross the road.
            Must be a regional issue... I have found the USPS to be very reliable and fast. I mean, an occasional blip over the years, but those have been few and far between.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              The US Postal Service isn't all it claims to be either. I mailed a letter within the same city once, probably less than 10 miles (16km). It took ELEVEN days to arrive.
              I think that depends on what part of the country you're in.

I can mail a birthday card to my Dad on a Thursday (for example) and he lives right outside Big City (small community near the county line.)

It'll be in his mailbox the next day.

Of when I was having my paychecks mailed to the house last month, Corporate would mail it out on Wednesday - it would arrive Friday (Corporate office is almost 2 hours from me, near Charlotte.)

Different speeds for different areas, I guess.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                Okay, I am in one of the bigger Tassie cities, that is Not Fair. Unless they deliberately prioritise stuff like Amazon, which frankly wouldn't surprise me.

Still blaming Tony Abbott for the few zillion dollars he's taken from Aus Post in this budget and the last one.
                That's OK, I blame Tony Abbott for everything!

Comment

to be fair, it isn't actually accurate to say that a letter ( or parcel) takes x amount of time to cross the street. It has to go from the post office, to the sorting office, then back to the post office ( or wherever the postmen actually leave from) even if the letter in question is going somewhere within the same postal district.

It's still quite poor, I'll admit, but it explains how it can take a couple days. (1 day to get to the sorting office & get sorted, plus 1 day to get it to the local delivery office and get it delivered)

The reason for the realyl long delays? is probably due to mistakes being corrected ( aka, they send the letter to the wrong delivery office, so have to send it back... yeah, it's mostly due to budget cuts)

Comment

Working...
                  X