This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why would you even ASK that?!"

Got a real peach a few days back...some woman's groceries come down the belt, and I get the curt "double-bag everything!" command. Okay, fair enough, but when I politely inquired as to whether or not she wanted her gallon of milk bagged as well, the thread title suddenly and loudly erupted out of her mouth, in a very disbelieving/condescending tone. Being mildly startled, I stammered an explanation that most people do not ask for their gallons of milk to be bagged (it's generally store policy that anything with a handle not be bagged unless specifically requested by the customer, although I usually bag half-gallons), and she goes, "What, you mean people walk away and get their hands wet carrying it?!", and added, "What, do they put the milk in their car and get their car wet?!" She then walks off in a huff (after I double-bagged her soaking wet milk, of course ), and while I was sitting there exchanging WTF? small talk with my equally baffled checker, I had the situation defused somewhat when a customer at the next register came over to me, placed his hand on my shoulder, and went, "Geez, she was a piece of work, huh?"

Oh noes, they might get their hands wet!!! God forbid!!!

Geez, what a nutjob. The container might "sweat" a little but big deal.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I like my milk bagged and do not like the condensation on the outside. However, I also don't go about screaming at people.... some folks just make you wanna .
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

It was nice of you to ask! Some people get mad for the stupidest reasons. She doesn't want to get her hand wet? How does she do dishes? Shower? Wash after restroom? Live on a planet with water? What a nut!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

How does she keep the inside of her car from getting wet? What happens when it rains and her feet are wet? O_o Also, wet is kinda the norm around here, so it's amusing to read about the horrors of damp hands. :P
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Actually, I understand wanting milk to be bagged. Several times Hubs and I have discovered milk in the bottom of the bag and realized we needed to take it back. We wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Well, yeah, if a person wants it bagged I'll do it no problem. But to yell about it is ridiculous.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She's one of those that thinks her way is the ONLY way. She's a piece of something other than work.
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Well, I suppose if she wanted bagged milk, she would have gotten bagged milk:

:P

Nah, she was just an idiot in need of anger management. Or some sort of management.

Comment

I just put my milk in the trunk (or boot, for you guys across the pond) with the rest of my groceries...
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Sounds like one of those customers who are itching to complain about something, or think they're more important than you are. She's the one who looks stupid though lol.

Comment

I'd say that anyone drunk (or desperate) enough to go out with her would want to "double bag".
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          It was nice of you to ask! Some people get mad for the stupidest reasons. She doesn't want to get her hand wet? How does she do dishes? Shower? Wash after restroom? Live on a planet with water? What a nut!
                          Does she also do this with wet cartons of orange juice, other dairy products like cottage cheese, bags of ice? How does she get this stuff in her cart without getting her sorry hands wet? What a windbag!
                          Last edited by greensinestro; 05-23-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Wait. Milk gallons get wet from condensation? I have been grocery shopping since 17 (35 now) and have never seen that. Must be a perk of living in a dry climate.
                            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                              Got a real peach a few days back...some woman's groceries come down the belt, and I get the curt "double-bag everything!" command. Okay, fair enough, but when I politely inquired as to whether or not she wanted her gallon of milk bagged as well, the thread title suddenly and loudly erupted out of her mouth, in a very disbelieving/condescending tone. Being mildly startled, I stammered an explanation that most people do not ask for their gallons of milk to be bagged (it's generally store policy that anything with a handle not be bagged unless specifically requested by the customer, although I usually bag half-gallons), and she goes, "What, you mean people walk away and get their hands wet carrying it?!", and added, "What, do they put the milk in their car and get their car wet?!" She then walks off in a huff (after I double-bagged her soaking wet milk, of course ), and while I was sitting there exchanging WTF? small talk with my equally baffled checker, I had the situation defused somewhat when a customer at the next register came over to me, placed his hand on my shoulder, and went, "Geez, she was a piece of work, huh?"
                              She may have some sort of OCD. I'm not an expert though...

Comment

Working...
                              X