This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Little Petrol - SCs Are Tragic

Substituting people's names for pony names, just for the hell of it. Putting this story in third person cuz, what the hell?

Key.

Sunset Shimmer - Me.
    Rainbow Dash - My colleague.
    Princess Celestia - Cool manager.
    Starlight Glimmer - The SC.

Part 1.

It was a normal late shift at the petrol station, and Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash were longing for the shift to be over, so that they could go home. The place was completely dead; not even the last minute customers had shown up. Finally, on the dot of closing time, Sunset Shimmer went to put the cones across the entrance. As she finished this task, a car drove up. Starlight Glimmer put her head out the window and said, "Are you still open?"

Sunset Shimmer replied, "No, we close at ten,"

"Oh," was all Starlight Glimmer had to stay before she drove off. Sunset Shimmer just shrugged; customers were weird sometimes. She and Rainbow Dash finished closing up and went home.

Part 2.

The next time that Sunset Shimmer was working, Princess Celestia called her into her office. Apparently, Starlight Glimmer had phoned up to complain that Sunset Shimmer had closed the petrol station at quarter to ten and when asked, had said it was ten when it clearly wasn't. Sunset Shimmer was dumbfounded, as she had checked the time before closing and it was bang on the dot of closing time, at the most, a minute after. She suggested that Princess Celestia check the cameras.

Princess Celestia did so, and lo and behold! Sunset Shimmer was clearly seen at ten o'clock telling Starlight Glimmer that the petrol station was closed. Princess Celestia added that Starlight Glimmer had also claimed she was taking her daughter to hospital, and that the girl must be very sick indeed, as the car was completely empty apart from the driver.

Nothing happened to either Sunset Shimmer or Rainbow Dash, as they had abided by the rules. Princess Celestia did call up Starlight Glimmer to tell her that she was mistaken and no further action would be taken. Starlight Glimmer responded by slamming down the phone, and has not been seen since.

The End.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

You could call her My Little Phony. Lol
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

"Princess Celestia did call up Starlight Glimmer to tell her that she was mistaken and no further action would be taken. Starlight Glimmer responded by slamming down the phone, and has not been seen since. "

I'm imagining this as the last line in a very badly-written fanfic. And I'm loving it.

Don't you just love * it when customers play the "phone" game, what you told them gets twisted and misinterpreted and stretched beyond all original intent when it finally gets to your manager?

A simple "no, sorry" becomes you shrieking "NO!" and stomping on their throat over and over and over again?

And if if weren't for the proliferation of video surveillance, there would be some people who'd actually believe them?

* sarcasm, I meant "HATE"
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Thank you for the bedtime story. I enjoyed it.

Comment

A better ending...

"Princess Celestia did call up Starlight Glimmer. Starlight Glimmer was told that the camera footage showed she was not being truthful on two very important points: the actual time and her sick daughter supposedly being taken to the hospital but somehow not actually being in the car. 'We do not appreciate being lied to or having our employees harassed. You are permabanned from our store. Good day!'

And they all lived happily ever after! Until the next SC's of course."

Comment

Sick daughter has a light sensitivity so strong the parking lights trigger reactions, so she was safely hiding in the trunk of the car? No?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              A better ending...

"Princess Celestia did call up Starlight Glimmer. Starlight Glimmer was told that the camera footage showed she was not being truthful on two very important points: the actual time and her sick daughter supposedly being taken to the hospital but somehow not actually being in the car. 'We do not appreciate being lied to or having our employees harassed. You are permabanned from our store. Good day!'
              The more likely ending...

And Starlight Glimmer did write furiously to Nightmare Moon at Corporate,who did reply with vouchers to compensate them for the terrible service and did send a nasty note to Sunset Shimmer warning her about her behaviour.
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                The more likely ending...

And Starlight Glimmer did write furiously to Nightmare Moon at Corporate,who did reply with vouchers to compensate them for the terrible service and did send a nasty note to Sunset Shimmer warning her about her behaviour.
                And the worst part is, your version is probably the one that will come true!

Comment

Not where I work. Luckily, our head office tends to listen to manager evidence, especially when backed up by camera evidence. This is why we staff members like working here and don't leave all that often. XD
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Not where I work. Luckily, our head office tends to listen to manager evidence, especially when backed up by camera evidence. This is why we staff members like working here and don't leave all that often. XD
                    I am VERY happy to hear this. Unfortunately where I work the SC's loads of crap are treated as sworn gospel while any proof we have that they are at best exaggerating and at worst lying is completely ignored. Of course, they want it this way to have justification for no raises now and getting rid of us later on...

Comment

This is one of those times when it would be funny to say, "Look, all of our clocks are atomic clocks. They're accurate to tiny fractions of a second. So if we say it's 10 PM, it's 10 PM."
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

My favourite fantasy saying is "Sorry, we go by Greenwich Mean Time, not Customer Standard Time." XD
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                        X