Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The phrase is "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar".
    What I want to know is, why do you want to catch flies? Whenever I have a fly buzzing around, I want to kill it or at least shag it outside.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      What I want to know is, why do you want to catch flies? Whenever I have a fly buzzing around, I want to kill it or at least shag it outside.
      you do realize that shag has an entirely different meaning in England right? [/gutterbrain]

Comment

Nitrogen DOES help tire wear - if you're driving a vehicle during the Daytona 500.

Considering air is roughly 70% nitrogen already, my god. The stupidity of people. It's like getting them to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.
        "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
          It's like getting them to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.
          But, but, it's a colorless, odorless chemical that causes death if inhaled!

I also have tires, and while I have to check the pressure when the temperature changes drastically, I've never had to completely change the air. What an interesting concept...
          All that glitters has a high refractive index.

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.
          -> Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
            you do realize that shag has an entirely different meaning in England right? [/gutterbrain]
            I'm not even from that side of the pond, and that's straight where my mind went, too.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
            Considering air is roughly 70% nitrogen already, my god. The stupidity of people. It's like getting them to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.
            Ugh. I've actually gotten people with that.

And I remember a Daily Show bit where some correspondent took to the streets to stop women's suffrage. He got a lot of support from the random populace. *sigh*

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I walked right into that one, didn't I?

Oh well, at least we know where Cyphr's and Andara's heads are today.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think this
                Quoth edible_hat View Post
                For those not confused by my wine-assisted writing style:
                might have had some to do with that
                Quoth tigerlily0 View Post
                The phrase is "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar".
                Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                It's like getting them to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.
                I've got to remember that! I know some people at work that I can get with it, too!

I walked right into that one, didn't I?

Yeah, well, so is mine! At least I've got plenty of company down here in the sewer.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Should have known!
                  http://www.petitiononline.com/h2o/petition.html
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Maybe this guy needs to f*ing get an f*ing membership with f*ing AAA so he won't ever have to f*ing worry about changing his f*ing tire again, or having to f*ing worry when the f*ing air f*ing runs f*ing out.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                      Maybe this guy needs to f*ing get an f*ing membership with f*ing AAA so he won't ever have to f*ing worry about changing his f*ing tire again, or having to f*ing worry when the f*ing air f*ing runs f*ing out.

That's just great.
                      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Today? It's a rare day my mind isn't at least partway in the sewer. It's more fun down here.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        I've got to remember that! I know some people at work that I can get with it, too!
                        All you could ever want to know about dihydrogen monoxide.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Yeah, well, so is mine! At least I've got plenty of company down here in the sewer.
                        That you do. That you do, indeed.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

um yeah, it should have been "honey than vinegar" instead of "honey and vinegar".

Sadly the problem with the air hose seems to be a leak somewhere between the compressor and the handle, so it won't be easy to fix.

I wonder if the SC's last name is Ramsay... (I've been watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares)

edit: I've also had mild success with raising funds to end sobriety.

Comment

Since nobody's mentioned it yet: XKCD.

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                            edit: I've also had mild success with raising funds to end sobriety.
                            Many hundreds of students at my university are already involved in this noble cause.
                            "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
                              Many hundreds of students at my university are already involved in this noble cause.
                              My uncle was involved in the Adelaide University Temperance Society. They would meet at the uni bar on Friday nights with the aim of drinking it dry so people couldn't get drunk on Saturday.

Comment

I guess tire boy was f*ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X