This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that annoys me...

Ok, we have 8 combos and the sandwich combos have a picture of like a bagel, english muffin or crossaint and I hate how customers think you have to match the bagel, crossaint or english muffin to the combo. When they ask me, "Can I have a medium combo 4?" I tell them, "What do you want it on?" They look at me as if I'm weird and their like, "the crossaint, like the picture." And I have to keep telling them, they can have the sandwich on anything they want. I don't know, it just really annoys me. They don't have to follow the picture. They can have their sandwich on any bagel or crossaint they want.

I'm surprised they look at the picture in the first place.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

you are asking them to think, they are not used to that, so it is hard for them. They are used to places where the # means that is the only thing is available. Not your fault you are forcing them to think.

I ask all day "do you want double prints or singles."
      one out of every ten knows what than MEANS.

It isn't a hard concept. but all day I spend telling people what it means.

Comment

That's better than when they order a #4 wait for you to ring it up then get mad because THEY DIDN'T WANT THE VALUE MEAL!!

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
          I'm surprised they look at the picture in the first place.
          They do this so they can justify not reading the signs
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

There are some schools of managerial and marketing thought that say offering the customer too many choices is a bad plan.

There's a really successful drive-in burger chain in Seattle called Dick's Drive-In. 5 stores. Lines at every meal at the main stores (for those that live in Seattle, go to the one near Northgate ... never a line ). Menu is simple. Hasn't changed in DECADES (except the prices).

They don't even do special orders. I saw a manager once tell a would-be customer how to find the local McD's because the customer insisted that she wanted a plain hamburger.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              There are some schools of managerial and marketing thought that say offering the customer too many choices is a bad plan.
              Sometime last year on Catalyst they repeated an experiment with perfume sales. One counter offered 5 choises and the other one 20. Both had the same number of potential customers (people who stopped to look) but the one with less to choose from had more sales. The theory was something about being afraid of not choosing the best one, and if there's less available you're more likely to choose the best.

Comment

Oh, yeah, if there are too many choices, you will lose sales. My mother and aunt do crafts shows and powwows and the like, and while they make sure to have as much stock as is feasible out and available, they will often not put all the stock they have on the table.

I'd wager, however, that this does not hold true for shopping online. At least, not in the same way.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ooooooooooh, now I want some crossaint-y type breakfast sandwich and it's too late to head to BK.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Ooooooooooh, now I want some crossaint-y type breakfast sandwich and it's too late to head to BK.
                    Head to JitB, then. They do breakfast all day, every day.

MMmmm... I love a Supreme Croissant in the afternoon, sometimes.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I dunno...maybe I am sucky...but if I wanted a value meal the way it was pictured I would just order it by the number with no special instructions. If I wanted a different type of bread, then I would say so while ordering, but I don't really see the need to do so when its pictured the way I want it.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Head to JitB, then.
                        I...don't think there's one nearby.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X