Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have left notes, but only in the case that the jerk parked too close and I couldn't get in my car. I have even gone so far as to adjust their passenger side mirror because of their idiocy. Even the power mirrors move with just a little bit of pressure...

The last time someone did that though, I did actually go inside and have them page the person. The reason was I was 9 months pregnant and not even close to being able to climb over my cars' bucket seats from the passenger side. Having to wait for this guy to move made me late for my OB & Sonogram appointments. So I ripped into this guy pretty badly (likely hormones speaking more than myself), but I don't regret it though.
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

When Spider-Man 3 opened, I came out to my motorcycle (as per the norm, all true IT professionals ride motorcycles in my area) to find that an asshat SUV had parked in the motorcycle parking area, right in front of the big sign that says "Motorcycle parking only" on the cross-hatched painted lines. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. While putting on my helmet and getting all ready to get going myself, he and his woman come out. I point out their mistake and they give me attitude. Seriously, I considered a lot of options but never followed through on them. One day, some SUV SC is going to tick me off royally and I'm going to lose it. It's bad enough that they merge in to me, but now they feel entitled to parking spaces that aren't theirs.
      Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

I once got a "warning notice" from the cops in a rich, snooty town for parking my car "the wrong direction" in a parking space... Seriously. They thought I had parked my car in such a way that it wasn't facing the way they wanted to. Good thing it wasn't an actual ticket, I'd have gone nuclear.
        "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Quoth Lyger View Post
          I once got a "warning notice" from the cops in a rich, snooty town for parking my car "the wrong direction" in a parking space... Seriously. They thought I had parked my car in such a way that it wasn't facing the way they wanted to. Good thing it wasn't an actual ticket, I'd have gone nuclear.
          Was this a parallel parking on the street? If so, parking facing the wrong way on any street is illegal here, and probably everywhere else, too.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'll admit that I left a note once. My old apartment building was two blocks away from my then-BF's workplace, so he used my parking spot, as I didn't have a car, but was still entitled to a spot. He parked in the same spot M-F for quie some time. Then one morning, someone decides to park in my spot, so BF had to find a spot on the street (luckily, he wasn't late for work). I left a note advising him that he was using my assigned spot. Car never used that spot again
            -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
            -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I've left notes on a car that was parked in my spot in the apartment complex.

first note was nice (All parking is assigned, please do not park here again)

Second note was less nice (Parking is ASSIGNED. Do NOT park here)

third note was mean (Hey asshole, park here again and I WILL have your car towed)

There was no forth note, car was towed

Comment

I remember a furniture delivery van once completely blocked my driveway, it pulled up just as I was rolling down my driveway to leave for work.... the driver saw me, and STILL parked and stopped on my driveway....this was around 8:45am

I asked him to let me out and he told me I would have to wait until they had made their delivery and they would be "a couple of minutes"... this is while my car is at the end of my driveway.... and their truck is still running. The way the street worked it looked like a bottle and they had parked the truck right at the neck.... so they were blocking the road and 2 driveways other than mine....I said I needed him to move his damn truck for 10 seconds so I could get out! He would have had to pull forwards maybe 10 metres, then he could back up back to where he was... problem solved!

We got heated and it ended with me calling the company on the side of the truck through the operator and speaking to a manager... as soon as the driver saw me on the phone he moved the truck.... funny that. I still laid a complaint with the manager. The guy was on my property (well my mothers anyway), and he was blocking an entire street! Its not like I got to my car half way through the delivery and then demanded him to move it... the driver bloody well made eye contact as he turned into the street! By the time he moved we had two other cars waiting to get into the street and me waiting to get out.

All because he couldnt wait 10 freaking seconds to let me out....
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Was this a parallel parking on the street? If so, parking facing the wrong way on any street is illegal here, and probably everywhere else, too.

^-.-^
                  The UK has a law about that as well. It's along the lines of if it's in a speed zone of at least thirty mph, you have to leave a parking light on if your car is parked facing against the flow of traffic. The reasoning is that oncoming cars may swerve when their headlights hit yours and make it look as if there's a car coming at them, ergo they swerve into the side of the road.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                    Really tough people, leaving an ANONYMOUS nasty-gram.
                    anonymous would have left a better nasty-gram

one including SDN and maybe some guro.
                    DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
                      anonymous would have left a better nasty-gram

one including SDN and maybe some guro.
                      *snicker*

... should I admit I got that?

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X