This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a number!

At the Publix deli, they have a "take a number" dispenser being that department gets quite busy, especially on the weekends. I normally do the shopping on Sunday mornings, being the church people explode there after noon.

Anyhow, I arrived at the deli and saw two other people being served, and one woman who looked like she was waiting to be served. The number they were on was 88, and I took 89. Right after this man was served and left, my number was called. Right then, the woman waiting in line piped up and stated she wanted a pound of ham. I waved my number up, and the deli lady said, "I'm sorry maam, but he has the next number. You'll need to get a number from the dispenser." Instead of this woman doing that, she got angry and said, "Well, I was here before that man was, and I should be served!" I told her to please not talk like I wasn't there, and that I had the magic number they called. This woman got steamed and left with her cart. During this time, nobody else approached the deli, and I got three items from there. Two minutes later, this woman returned and took number.....90! Right then, she was assisted. I'm not sure about this, but it led me to believe she could have been helped right as I was. There were at least three employees behind the counter, and one was already helping me.

It's my opinion that even if there are only a few people at the deli, it's much easier to grab a number. You never know when a group of people will come out of nowhere...and they'll all have grabbed numbers.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X