This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Idiots

There were two reasons I worked holidays. 1:I don't celebrate "normal" holidays, so if I work theirs, I got mine off. 2: It's completely dead all day. But filled with idiots

I swear just the amount of idiots surpassed the normal week. All in just a single X-mas Eve. I worked the Drive-Thru the entire day.

AH:Your Humble Nararator (Bonus Points for those who get this)
    IM:Idiot Man
    IW: Idiot Woman

AH: Welcome to the Tyranical Meat Market, how may I help you?
    IM:How many nuggets do you have in your $1 special?
    AH: 4.
    IM: And how much is that??
    AH: $1
    IM: And that comes with 6 nuggets right?
    AH: *Slowly dies inside*

IW: I'll take a hot turkey sub.
    AH: I'm sorry we don't serve those here. This is a burger place, Hence the name.
    IW: Well the one where I live sells those *speeds off*
    AH: Why me?

AH: Welcome to the Tyran-
    IM: I HAVE A CREDIT CARD!!!!
    AH: (Congratulations, so do I, and so does more than half this world) How may I help you?
    IM: Oh, I just wanted to tell you. *drives away*

My whole day was filled with idiots. Not one customer that I dealt with after 11 am had two brain cells to rub together.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

AH: Welcome to the Tyran-
    AH: (Congratulations, so do I, and so does more than half this world) How may I help you?
    IM: Oh, I just wanted to tell you. *drives away*
    Wow. I can safely say that person has never accomplished a damn thing in their life.

IW: I'll take a hot turkey sub.
    AH: I'm sorry we don't serve those here. This is a burger place, Hence the name.
    IW: Well the one where I live sells those *speeds off*
    AH: Why me?
    Think that's bad? I had some redneck ask us if we served "country fried ham". We're McDonald's, you moron!
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Hey! I HAVE THREE CREDIT CARDS!! (that I use, anyway)

Oh, and A Clockwork Orange. What can I redeem my points for?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
        AH: (Congratulations, so do I, and so does more than half this world)
        I don't have a credit card.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I truly loath working holidays. People are at their worst. Last 4th of July, I closed an hour early because all I was getting were drunks.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
          ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
            ...AH:Your Humble Nararator (Bonus Points for those who get this)...
            Aldous Huxley?
            "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
            "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
            --Dilbert

Comment

See, around here, holidays are a mixed bag. The big ones are usually really dead, especially Thanksgiving, which is a nice day to work--I get caught up on my reading.

The troublesome ones are Memorial Day and Labor Day, because not everyone considers them a working holiday, so some people don't understand why we're operating on after hours procedures with a short staff.

Also, the chicken nugget person? Ow. My head hurts.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

The only reason I worked holidays was because of the time and a half pay. My worst holiday was Christmas of 2005 because my county was experimenting with a new dry county law. It was a basketball game to add in even more crazy fun and again dry county law. People were BEYOND ticked seeing as booze wasn't in their blood. The only upside was my mom got my dad, sister, and I tickets to the game inside and I got to leave early.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Holidays are the days that bring out the idiots, but I like to work them because of the extra money involved. The only exception I have is Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will do anything I can not to work those two. New Year's Day, I think, brings out the worst, and it usually begins around noon. By this time, those who were so drunk the night before have slept off their drunkeness, but have a hangover.

SC: Hi, I wanted to get DSL.
                  Me: I'm sorry, but we do not offer that at this time.
                  SC: What do you mean you don't? It says so right here!
                  Me: Right where, sir?
                  SC: On your website.
                  Me: Sir, this is XYZ internet service. Who are you trying to reach?
                  SC: Isn't this Comcast? (No, you drunken idiot! I just said XYZ!)
                  Me: No, sir. You need to call them for that.
                  SC: Give me their number. (No please in there)
                  Me: We do not have their number. You need to look that up yourself.
                  SC: XYZ is my phone company. Certainly you have access to telephone numbers.
                  Me: No, we do not. This is the internet department, not directory assistance.
                  SC: I'm not paying for that service.
                  Me: Then look it up in your phone book, sir! Is there anything else I can help you with?
                  SC: CLICK!

When you're that drunk, my guess is the thinking cells of your brain are killed off, at least temporarily.

Comment

If they insist that you give them a number, kindly give them a number to the nastiest phone sex line you can find.

Comment

Working...
                    X