This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Being an Arizona State Sun Devil, I can DEFINITELY get behind those colors!
    (re: maroon and gold) Those can be really pretty colors if the right shades are used. I think I already told this story elsewhere, but our graduation caps and gowns were magenta.
    He loves the world...except for all the people.
    --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Starlord
      Recently, we spotted a couple of kids (late teens, early 20s). The girl was obviously Goth, except for her hair that looked like someone had eaten five pounds of Sherwin Williams color chips then puked on her head. The guy that was with her was wearing a smallish vest and Arabian style pants. His head was shaved except for the 10 inch spiked mohawk in international orange. I turned to my wife, saying, "I didn't know the circus was in town." If looks could kill, I would have been in the local morgue.
      Oh, c'mon. The guy was rare in the world by rebelling with an original outfit. Think of how rare it is, then give him at least a few points.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Being an Arizona State Sun Devil, I can DEFINITELY get behind those colors!
        *Grabs an old hat* Gryffindor!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          It's funny to see those idiots trip on their pants though But, around here, about 99.999% of the "gangsta" types are stupid white kids from the 'burbs. They all walk around the malls/stores/parking lots/etc. with fake limps, end every sentence with "you know what I'm sayin,'" blast (c)rap "music" in their riced-out cars, and call each other "my ni**a." Needless to say they usually get into lots of fights when the wrong people overhear those comments. They're still good for a laugh though

Around here, we call that the "waving fart" walk.

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
            ...I can remember when [British slang for "cigarette", starts with F] was the worst insult you could level at someone on the playground, even if you didn't know what it meant.
            And that's a sure way you can tell someone still has a childish mentality. They'll keep up with the homophobic insults and never vary to anything else.

Reminds me of a time a couple years ago when one of my friends was having us all (age ranging from 18 to 24, host being 19) over for a party (no reason, just an excuse for a bonfire and fun) and we were messing around with Halo 2. One of his cousins was 14 and claimed to be this Uber-1337 god and wouldn't shut up about it, so we cut him in on the next death-match and went at it.

When we started spanking him left, right, and center (and no, we weren't all gunning for him either, honestly) he started in with 'gay' this 'homo' that, to which we responded with insults that I wish I could recall, because they were Crown Jewels of trash-talk; witty, refined, eloquent, and not a single bit of profanity among them. Worthy of Monkey Island at the LEAST. Guess what happened next?

If you guessed got pissy and ran off to whine to his uncle (our host's dad) that we were being mean to him, you get a cookie. If you guessed that he was told he shouldn't start shit if he doesn't want to get the consequences, you get the whole box.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Noelegy
              What I don't like is jeans that hit at the natural waistline being described as "high-wasted" (not picking on you, AFP). Low-rise jeans are only flattering to a small segment of the population. I am not part of that segment. I'd like to be able to find a normal pair of jeans that don't feel like they need to be pulled up all the time.
              I'd like to find jeans like Chic jeans used to be. Those jeans were the absolute best jeans ever sold.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

FUBU was the thing in my highschool years. JNCOs too, but those were worn by the "goof troop", the resident skaters/punks. thats what they called themselves. hey if the name fits...

i always find it amusing that whenever i visit family in other parts of the state that are less...diverse, the kids there think they're all "hardcore" and gangsta. half the time I'm more gangsta than they are. i think milwaukee is slightly more ghetto fabulous than green bay.

to tie this in more to work stuff, just today someone came in with a dark hooded sweatshirt, shades, and long pants. its 85 fuckin degrees out. he hadn't even made it fully into the building and i was all over him. manager K came up and i was like "don't even worry about it. i got this shady lookin mothafucka covered."
                Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

My cousin's new husband said the N word to me 30 seconds into meeting him.

We ran into him at the State Fair. He said (and this is not a direct quote, I don't remember the exact quote) something to the the effect of "Hi, good to meet you. God, it pisses me off to see all these (insert N word) dating white girls."

We were like

Nice to meet you, too, Ignorant Racist Shitbird.

I mean, :

Considering that my husband looks very, oh, I dunno, BIRACIAL, and he was standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME, I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I've said before, he looks just like Slash, for crying out loud.

While we are standing there with our mouths gaping open, he goes on to say he's got a daughter running around the fair, too, and she would be sorry to miss meeting us and he didn't know where she was at the moment.

I just smiled nastily at him and said, "Probably on the arm of one of these black guys. "

I think he thought I meant it as a funny joke. Yeah, asshole. Ha, ha.

Interestingly, that guy has stayed married to my cousin for nearly 20 years, has taken awesome care of her, her daughter, and her mother the entire time. And for that I am grateful to him. However, that first impression I got of him has never really faded in my mind and it has always tainted my opinion of him. I don't know if his ugly attitude has matured any or not, as I've never been inclined to talk to him much. Goes to show that first impressions really are important...and some impressions, if they are bad enough, never go away.

Comment

Working...
                  X