Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANybody else think Bob and Mysty would get along great?

They could be the Anti-SC Justice League or something!

Just for making like he was going to throw the Frosty, I think I'd have shoved it up one of his nostrils, snarled "Thick enough for ya?", then picked him up and threw him...if I were so inclined. I'm much more mild-mannered than I make myself out to be.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This guy had to get his testorone fix for the day. What an ass he is. I bought a coffee once from a Tim Hortons a few years back, it tasted off, but instead of freaking out I walked up the manager who served me my coffee & told her about it. She apologized & gave me a fresh cup of coffee plus a coupon for a free coffee. What the point in getting your bloodpressure up for a trivial thing like a frosty thats not extra thick?
      Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Kudos to you man! Glad to see someone step up and put a severely idiotic SC in their place......at least for that moment anyway.

Wouldn't you just die laughing if you went back there in a month only to see the same guy?
        "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

There's our guys getting shot at and bombed every day in Iraq, and this asshat is getting that bent over a fucking milkshake.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            They don't even give you a straw, they give you a spoon
            I've been given both a spoon AND a straw. I like using them both. Sometimes I only get one or the other...not as much fun, but I can deal with that. It sucks, though, when you go through the drive thru and they don't give you either one.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think I've had straws with a little spoon-like thing on the end.

What would you call one of those? A spraw?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hmm...

Yeah, I likes. I'm much more of a punch-first-punch-later-kick-a-little type but I just look like a regular girl, so I have to get more aggressive since I can't really do the "silent fury" bit. But if you can, revel in it. Revel! ANARCHY ANARCHY...

Um, *cough*. I mean, jolly well done!
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Slightly related to this whole silent fury thing, I have been getting some amusing feedback from my teenage nieces lately.

It seems that when I threaten their boyfriends/beaus/dudes they may or may not be seeing, and do it calmly and quietly and politely, it is actually having the desired effect, anywhere from slightly unsettling them to completely scaring the piss out of them. I had a feeling that that approach would work, I am just glad it IS working.

Especially satisfying is that in a few of these instances, I was physically smaller than the boy in question. I stand a whopping 5'8", and am a thin 150 lbs, and am not normally physically intimidating.

But I guess they realize when I politely tell them that if they get too friendly, they are going to have a tough time doing their job with bloody stumps instead of hands, they realize that I in no way joking, nor overestimating my abilities.

Behavior through fear of a psychotic uncle. It works for me!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

I think if someone was to ever throw something like that at me, I'd probably go over the counter and make them kiss some floor tiles. I'm a scorpio, and tend to live up to the reputation. Don't mess with me, and I won't bother you. Provoke me, and I'll sting.

There was an incident at another c-store here in town in which some bwitch threw coffee in the clerk's face. Apparently, the woman didn't have money to pay for the coffee. The clerk expressed some mild irritation, but told the woman to take the coffee since she'd already taken a couple of sips from the cup. The woman apparently made a big issue out of the clerk's "disrespectful" attitude toward her, and threw the coffee right in the clerk's face. A concerned customer called the police at that point, and the woman just went hysterical over being mistreated by everyone. When police showed up, she refused to cooperate and insisted that everyone was overreacting. She ended up being charged with assault and resisting arrest. It made the front page of the paper.

I swear I could almost see the scene playing out as an episode of COPS.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

To give you all a visual, I’m 6’2”, 280 lbs with a 42” Waist. I am a 3’ round tree trunk with arms. I look like someone that could run through a brick wall, and the only thing that would concern me is to dust the debris off my shirt.

Anyway, so I shot him a glance that said “I dare you…I’ll snatch the life right out of you.” I never said a word. He looked at me. I’m tense, my hands are in fists, and I’m on the balls of my feet. He lowered his arm. He turned around and walked out the door.

The cashier told me that this guy comes in about once a month, and ALWAYS complains that it is not thick enough, and usually throws it on the sidewalk outside. The manager came out of the office and the cashier told her what happened. I got a free meal.

I’m feel like a super hero.
                      I'm glad they gave you a free meal... you earned it! I hope that customer soiled himself.
                      "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth bob the goat View Post
                        I’m feel like a super hero.
                        You ARE a super hero. Thank you for coming to that poor employee's defense.

What is it with asshat customers thinking it's perfectly acceptable to throw food and drinks at fast food employees? If someone did that to them, they'd be crying "Assault!" and screaming for a cop, but employees are just supposed to take it with a smile? I don't think so. Thank you again, Bob, for correcting that evil little notion for one guy.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ofcourse it works

Quoth Jester View Post
                          It seems that when I threaten their boyfriends/beaus/dudes they may or may not be seeing, and do it calmly and quietly and politely, it is actually having the desired effect, anywhere from slightly unsettling them to completely scaring the piss out of them.
                          Of-course it works. I am not very big either (well some fat, not muscles), but I have found that when threaten that just stating the facts in a clear an even voice does wonders. Last time late at night a man walked up to me claiming that he had a knife. I politely told him that if he attacked me with a knife that I would shove. No show, no anger, just a 100% statement of FACT. He quickly walked away.

The only people I am extra nice to are the police. It's their job to ask why a black man is walking on the streets at midnight, reading a book and giggling. But no-one else bothers me.

Comment

Quoth bob the goat View Post
                            Anyway, so I shot him a glance that said “I dare you…I’ll snatch the life right out of you.” I never said a word. He looked at me. I’m tense, my hands are in fists, and I’m on the balls of my feet. He lowered his arm. He turned around and walked out the door.
                            MOD EDIT: Please do not quote entire post- we've already read it. Thanks.

There was another case were a customer defended a cashier against another customer. There was a man in front of her at the checkouts at Wal-mart. He paid with a five dollar bill and kept insisting that he paid with a ten dollar bill and should get the change. Anyways this woman with this five or six year old kid saw him pay with a $5 bill. She told him that he may be mistaken because he paid with a $5 bill, anyways you are lucky that the customer you told off kept quiet, he was not the same. This fuckbag, told the mother that if she did not mind her own business(mind you this was in front of lots of people.) that he would rape her son. Security was called but since it was just a threat they could not do much except tell him to leave the store.
                            Last edited by NightAngel; 06-29-2007, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Okay...as soon as someone threatened a little kid like that in my earshot, there would be blood all OVER the floor. And then I'd call the cops myself and tell them EXACTLY what I did. There is no freaking reason on earth for something that stupid.
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

fuckbag, told the mother that if she did not mind her own business(mind you this was in front of lots of people.) that he would rape her son. Security was called but since it was just a threat they could not do much except tell him to leave the store.

I have a daughter and if some asswipe told me that I would go off the deep end and do my best to hurt him severly. No one has the right to threaten my kid like that. No one.
                                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                                X