This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer dug through my desk..

We offer our customer/patients discounts on medical services if they'll pay their estimated amount due before they are to have the service done. The odd customer that I had decided to take advantage of this offer so I got up and went to run his credit card. He was one of those I-have-a-black-berry-and-me-and-my-phone-are-more-important-than-you-and-anything-you-have-to-say kind of people. Somewhere inbetween me getting up and finishing the transaction he got up and went through my desk! Being a medical facility, we have medical information and personal information about patients in our desks. Some are charts that we keep so that we can work on problems and some things I keep in a tray on the back of my L-shaped desk for shredding. I come in and he has dug out somone else's insurance verification and was reading. Instead of acting embarrassed, he begun asking questions about it. I think that he misunderstood it to be about him, but I quickly corrected him and asked him where he got it.. to which he replied " I was being nosey and dug through your desk". I had to inform my boss, who had to inform the compliance officer. I ended up filling out paperwork and being asked all sorts of questions because of some noesy idiot. I'm sure we'll have to put a bunch of new crap in place that will make my life more complicated all because of this moron...

WOW.

I... But... WOW.

I really can't even respond to that.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

With any luck, it will simply be locks on the desk and a national ban on this moron.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        With any luck, it will simply be locks on the desk and a national ban on this moron.
        That's what I'm wondering. How come your desks and cabinets don't have locks on them to prevent an incident like this in the first place?

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          That's what I'm wondering. How come your desks and cabinets don't have locks on them to prevent an incident like this in the first place?
          They probably do, but when you are getting up to get an order done, you probably wouldn't expect a nosy SOB to come ruffling through your papers, and so wouldn't lock it.

It's people like him that make me despair for the IQ of humanity.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            We have locks, and desks are locked when not in use. Our computers lock out after a few minutes of inactivity, but honestly these papers are in a drawer below my desk on the back of my L-shaped desk. Papers like that don't have names on them, but account and reference numbers.

Comment

Hoobajoobawhatnow?? That's bordering on outrageous. Please tell me there was a system of checks run behind this bumbling buffoon to make sure that he didn't tamper with anything else!
              Why did Darwin bother giving us hope?

Comment

You should have hit him on the head with a clipboard and said "Bad patient - No!"
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Looks like your going to become a clear desk policy office....
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Too bad Ahnold is so busy being Guhvner, otherwise you may have been able to enlist him to contact this idiot.....

"You half compruhmized thuh suhkeeritee uf uh-nuther patient's records! I now half to KEEL* you!!"

Seriously, this is a situation where I think there should be some substantial charges brought up, and some hefty fines or other punishment. To me, this is similar to the the morons that call 911 to ask why the Cable went out, and when it's coming back on, or how long to cook a Thanksgiving turkey.

It makes one wonder were they thinking? Actions like these could cause significant harm to others!

Mike

*Not actually condoning vilolence, of course.
                    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                      You should have hit him on the head with a clipboard and said "Bad patient - No!"
                      Why waste a perfectly good clipboard breaking it over his head so thath he feels it?
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        Why waste a perfectly good clipboard breaking it over his head so thath he feels it?
                        hit him with the edge not the surface
                        DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
                          hit him with the edge not the surface
                          Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Uh.. POLICE??! Invasion of Privacy?? Criminal Mischeif??? Burglary?? Breaking and Entering???

Comment

WTF? I would have had him get out, and banned him from coming back ever again. Then I would call the police on him.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X