This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Know Who I Am!

This is one from my dh, he's a manager at a pizza shop that have the best pizzas but are a little pricey.

Dh likes to check the pizzas before sending them out and he had a new guy on last night who took the pizza before he could check it and was out the door, about 15 mins later he gets a call from an irate customer saying he got the wrong pizza and this is unacceptable.

Dh apologises and offers the man 2 free family pizzas which are worth around 22 dollors each depending what you get on it, but this is not good enough for this man, he wants head offices number to make a complaint which dh is not allowed to give out so instead directs the customer to the website which has the number on it.

So then the customer losses it and starts screaming at him, you can't do your job, how did an idiot like you get the position of manager blah blah blah.

Then he pulls the classic line "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" Dh dosen't care who he is but apparently he owns a well known car yard company like Zupps or something, (big deal mate).

Dh did all he could to make up for the mistake, but nothing was good enough.

Oh well i guess he just wanted it whinge

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
    "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"
    No sorry I don't know who you are.

I know who I am, I'm the guy who's going to hang up on you.

*click*
    "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
    "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

He's bragging about owning a car dealership?

Big woop.........I guess that instantly makes him "higher up" than your boss....

What a dink. Did he look like Danny DeVito? Was his name Harry, Harry Wormwood?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

"No, I don't. But I do know what you are. I just can't say it on the phone!"

Had an SC do that once to me, stated to me that she was a relative of the company's vice president, and that when he gave her a job, I would be the first one she would seek out to have my ass fired. Well, never heard anything about it, and being I kind of knew the vice president, I don't think he would have helped someone get a job with a bitchy attitude as she had.

Comment

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"
          "Hell, I don't even know who I am most of the time. How do you expect me to know someone I've never met?"
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"
            "No, no I don't. Which means you can't be anyone that famous or important, huh?"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth idiot who barged into my department to molest my breads
              DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM????
              You're not one of my employees, so get out. NOW.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I had one of those once, at a medical conference in NYC where I was working as staff. My job was to watch the meeting rooms, find empty rooms for impromptu meetings (if we had them), and toss out people going over their meeting time when another group had that slot. For the most part, I was well-loved for having the foresight to make a chart of what rooms had meetings when so I could find empty rooms at a glance--the schedules I was given were detailed, but sorted by company and time, not room.

Well, an older British gentleman got very agitated when he wanted to go in his room early and there was a meeting going on. I let him know that it would only be 2-3 minutes, if he wanted to wait...he responded with "Do you know who I am? I'm too important to be seen loitering in the hallway!" I guess he was a big company president...like half the other attendees.

I took great pleasure in ousting his meeting from a room later that day so the scheduled group could have their turn.
                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

do i know who you are? my mental answer to that is almost always 'should i? should i care? oh wait, i do know who you are, a self important assninja.'

i'm more impressed by those who don't make a big deal out of their 'celebrity' or 'well know' status; the ones that do...eh, get bent, buddy.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I love it when people ask "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

I say "Nope, sure don't"

Which sort of takes the wind out of thier sails.

Had some guy do that to me once, when I told him the wait time for a table. He claimed to play for the Harlem Globetrotters.

I smiled at him and said "That's nice. The wait will still be 25 minutes. thanks!"

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                      He claimed to play for the Harlem Globetrotters.
                      Then he shouldn't have had a problem entertaining himself for 25 minutes

We have customers who are "Real" celebrities (we pay them to make sure they are), but they don't call in to regular customer care, so we miss a lot of this. Of course, we get the people who claim to be related to so-and-so in the company. I had a guy one time who needed to troubleshoot a phone, and when I asked him for another number to call him back on, he said he couldn't give it to me because he was at Eminem's house at the time.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Riiiiiiiiight....
                        Which one, the red chocolate one or the yellow peanut one?
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!"

A self-important jackass? Or no I don't but I know you're an idiot.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I have never personally seen someone pull the "Do you know who I am?" card, but I hope that the day I do, it happens at a place other than my job so I can do something like this.....

ASSHAT: (to helpless retail/service drone) "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"
                            JESTER: "Pardon me, sir. Excuse me. Yes, you."
                            ASSHAT: "What?!?"
                            JESTER: "Do you know who I am?"
                            ASSHAT: "No, I have no clue who the hell you are."
                            JESTER: "Good. FUCK YOU, you self-important piece of shit!"

And then punch him right in the fucking mouth.

Sometimes is really is better to not be well known.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

This whole thread reminds me of that story of the student taking a test.

The teacher says "Okay everyone, pencils down. Hand in your tests." And this one kid keeps scribbling down answers for another couple minutes, then brings up his test.

Teacher says "Sorry, too late, I can't take that. Should have handed it in when I said to."
                              Student says "Do you know who I am?"
                              Teacher, "What?"
                              Student gestures and says "Do you know who I am?"
                              Teacher very smugly replies, "No, I don't."
                              Student says "Good." And then sticks his paper in the middle of the stack and walks out.

Not stellar behaviour, but funny nonetheless.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X