Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am at the point where I call my manager over beforehand when someone has the SC vibe. Hearing the same thing from a manager (or someone the SC thinks has Authoritai) somehow makes it believable.

Comment

I also had a customer who didn't believe me. I counted 700 worth of change (yes, she had that much in change) and she kept insisted that she had 800 dollars. I counted it again and again I got 700. She again insisted she counted it and got 800. So I asked my teller manager to come over cause she is not listening to me and she also got 700. She finally gave up. Why the heck does customers NEVER listen to us "small people" but listen to the head honchos? We are done right? Wrong. She then says that she had 200 in dimes. I then put the dimes she gave me on the counter and showed her. She then shut up.

Comment

Quoth csdrone View Post
        I am at the point where I call my manager over beforehand when someone has the SC vibe. Hearing the same thing from a manager (or someone the SC thinks has Authoritai) somehow makes it believable.
        We do that at the service desk alllllllll the time. Everyone at our store has the same badge unless they specifically have "new team member", "Trainer", or whatever second language the person happens to speak on it. So we'll just turn to each other for confirmation whenever we get a SC like that...unless they specifically ask for a manager, in which case the manager gets to say it instead.

I had a woman today being impossible like that. She was trying to return a bikini for her daughter...with no receipt, of course. Well, about half our styles have gone on clearance and left already, and that was one of them. She about had a tantrum because she said we DID, and even went and got one to prove it. Well, it was a different color, and there was no convincing her that different colors could possibly have different bar codes or go on clearance at different times. My coworker could see I was having trouble, so she just walked over and did an impressively authoritive "What's the problem?" and then proceeded to tell the woman exactly what I said. She got really pissy and stomped off yelling about how horrible our store is.
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          Me: "I don't know- but I know we don't have it."
          CSR- done typing: "We don't have it."
          Me: "Thank-you."
          Him *looks annoyed/walks off*
          Had that EXACT same conversation with a customer once at Chesterfield. Except for a bit of wording, and insinuation that I was retarded.
          Guy comes in, asks for some movie. I tell him we don't have it. He doesn't believe me, asks TK about it. TK looks it up, says we have a listing for it. Guy looks at me, and says, "I hate to say it, but 'I told you so'." Or something to that effect.
          TK brings up the listing, and finds out the listing shows the movie as "Out Of Print", tells the guy so,. I only barely held myself back from saying, "I hate to tell you I told you so..."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Oh, yeah, the most annoying customers are the ones who contradict an answer to your question. Had it happen so many times I've lost count.

When I worked in telephone service, I always dealt with those who would ask how to use a service, and when you told them, it was "No, that isn't how it works!" Why the hell are you asking me if you already (think) you know the answer?

How about promotions those SC's see on the internet? "Yeah, I want to know more about your promo" First of all, what more is there to know if you're reading it? Secondly, why are you contradicting my answer being I read practically verbatim what's on that site?

Comment

Working...
            X