X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know whether to laugh or cry

I work at a gas station.

Today, I happened to look out at the pumps as a car pulled up to pump #1. The driver stayed in the car, and the passenger started to get out. On crutches. As I watched, I kept saying to myself, "There's no way they're gonna make that kid come in..."

But the crutch kid slowly came in, struggled to the counter, and gave me "Five bucks on one."

Sad.

But what made me want to laugh was the REASON he was struggling so hard.

He was wearing gangster pants, hanging way down below his ass. Just imagine the pure effort he had to expend to keep his pants above the equator. He LITERALLY had to stop and GASP for breath at one point, simply because his pants kept falling down. He couldn't quite hold the pants as he walked, because he couldn't maneuver the crutches that way. He resorted to some kind of zombie-walk, holding and stepping at the same time.

Just wear NORMAL FUCKING PANTS, you BLOODY FOOL!!!!

<sigh>

Joe

If you're using crutches, clothes that need to be re-arranged constantly is a bad idea.

Those baggy pants are a bad idea permanently.

Comment

I'm wondering if the driver had some worse handicap that made Crutchboy the better candidate for going inside...

or if the driver was enjoying the show as much as you!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Maybe someone was trying to teach him a lesson about that horrible 'style'.

I can just picture the conversation before they got in the car to go get gas.

Dad: "If you insist on wearing your pants like that, you're still paying for the gas! I don't care if you're on crutches or not! If you'd just pulled up your pants in the first place you would've been able to skateboard (snowboard/ride your bike/etc) without breaking your leg!"

Comment

Quoth JenCdn View Post
          Maybe someone was trying to teach him a lesson about that horrible 'style'.

I can just picture the conversation before they got in the car to go get gas.

Dad: "If you insist on wearing your pants like that, you're still paying for the gas! I don't care if you're on crutches or not! If you'd just pulled up your pants in the first place you would've been able to skateboard (snowboard/ride your bike/etc) without breaking your leg!"

if this board had rep points, I would have just repped you!
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post

if this board had rep points, I would have just repped you!
            thank-you, thank-you very much, I'm here all week

Comment

um, what are rep points?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                um, what are rep points?
                other sites that I go to/have been to, have a "Rep" system. Kind of like the 'kudos' on MySpace. If you like something someone has posted, there is a little 'scale' button on that particular post that you click and you can add a comment. The number of points you rep someone depend on how much rep power you have. You gain rep power various ways, which are up to the board owners. Most of them are based on how many posts you have, how many rep points you have achieved, length of membership, etc. Some sites even allow you to 'steal' points from other members.
                "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I just got an image of the kid with his pants around his ankles, his legs off the ground, using the crutches as legs.
                  And walking with them very fast, like some sort of insect scurrying off.

I just made myself laugh and scared myself at the same time.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I vote for "laugh".

I hate the whole "gangsta pants" look anyway. I do like baggy pants on a guy, but not so baggy that they are below the ass. I say that if the kid wants to continue wearing his "gangsta wear" then he deserves to be laughed at. The crutches are the icing on the cake! I would have loved to see this "zombie walk" you speak of.

One must wonder if his "child gangsta"lifestyle contributed to the crutches...hmmmm

sorry for all the "quotations".....
                    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Laugh. I laughed at it. If I'd actually seen it in person, I'd probably pee my pants.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had another stupid encounter with gangsta pants recently. We had the lot surrounding the gas pumps re-done with concrete. One of the workers was wearing the baggy pants. He had to bend over to smooth the surface of the concrete, and kept having to pull his pants up. He failed, and was showing me ass crack all day.

Joe

Comment

If I had to look at the crack of a guy's ass all day, I'd call the cops and complain that the guy had been exposing himself to me.

He HAS, you know.

What town is it that has been in the news for enforcing public indecency laws on these assclowns? Ya'll heard about that?

Comment

A coworker of mine, told me the baggy pants thing started in prisons.
                            It was considered easy access.

Assuming its true, I wonder how many of these people, if they believed you, would stop wearing their pants like that. I mean, crap, how do you run from the cops, if you cant keep your pants up?!
                            http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                            Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                              A coworker of mine, told me the baggy pants thing started in prisons.
                              It was considered easy access.
                              Snopes is my friend and tells me this isn't true. Fun to spread around as gossip, but not true.

Quoth JenCdn View Post
                              *snicker* Yeah... I was thinking that sagging might be what got him on crutches in the first place.

Saw some kid on the bus today that was sagging. On him it looked particularly ridiculous. He was a little over five feet tall and had a really long waist and really short legs. He looked like a caricature of a person, almost.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X