This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth symposes View Post
    A coworker of mine, told me the baggy pants thing started in prisons.
    It was considered easy access?!
    Soo....easy access for whom? Them or the 300 pound tatooed and bearded sister who has been very, very lonely since he broke his last cellmate in half?

Comment

The correct answer is neither laugh nor cry.

Its POINT and then laugh.

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
        A coworker of mine, told me the baggy pants thing started in prisons.
        It was considered easy access.
        Huh. The version of the rumor I heard was that it was worn in prisons as a taunt, not as advertisement. Kinda a "You ain't never gonna get this, so look all you want," thing.

Of course, the fact that prison clothes are just poorly sized makes even more sense.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
          other sites that I go to/have been to, have a "Rep" system. [Explained]
          Don't take this the wrong way, but it just seems kind of silly.

Such a system, I imagine, would only lead to competition among some to see who could get the most points, and frankly, there may already be too much competition here already. (Say, to get a submission posted in War Stories or some such.)

And frankly, no one here needs such a point system to know who rocks and who doesn't.

We all know that Raps is the man, that Gravekeeper is the most likely to make you violate Rule #1, that RecoverkingKinkoid and Mysty are not women to be messed with, and that I can be bribed with good rum. (Okay, that last one had nothing to do with anything, but just thought I would let it be known.....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I'd be laughing so hard that I'd be crying. It's entertaining watching those twits trip over their pants in the first place but it's even funnier that this guy was using crutches and wearing those pants.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I'm not against all baggy pants, actually. I used to have a pair, that were tight around the waist and buttocks, but very baggy around the legs. I think they were meant for skateboarding without falling off. I liked those. I just don't like the ones that fall down.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                and that I can be bribed with good rum. (Okay, that last one had nothing to do with anything, but just thought I would let it be known.....)
                ...but...you have a gf...and I have a husband...

oh well...
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

This software allows rep points, but they're a resource hog and they've started fights before. It's also somewhat ridiculous at times - when I left retail, I'd be out of the gaze of the public for six months and I had the fourth highest rating on the board (I didn't own the site back then). I did briefly consider allowing mods and only mods to assign reputation, but then you end up with accusations of favouritism. It's not worth the hassle.

Rapscallion

Comment

My understanding

What I have heard (don't know as fact), is the baggy pants do come out of the prison population but not for sexual reasons.

Rather, as pointed out prisons have only a limited number of sizes for their clothes, no belt equals sagging pants. But most prisoners who need belts gets them. Who does not? The prisoners who are so dangerous they turn everything they can get their hand on into a weapon.

Thus the most dangerous offenders walk around with sagging pants. Of-course new prisoners get the word passed to them to avoid people with sagging pants as it is a sign how dangerous they are.

Guess what the young short-timers do when they get out? Right, go around wearing sagging pants to imply how dangerous they are. Note: they would never do this in prison where the real dangerous people are.

Of-course by the time it filters to well-off blacks and whites want-to-be posers all they hear is sagging pants makes them 'BAD', without any understanding what type of scum they are aping.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                      Who does not? The prisoners who are so dangerous they turn everything they can get their hand on into a weapon.

<snip>

Of-course by the time it filters to well-off blacks and whites want-to-be posers all they hear is sagging pants makes them 'BAD', without any understanding what type of scum they are aping.
                      Gotta remember, not everyone who's dangerous like that is scum. I knew a great guy who got a short for something not-terribly-bad. I forget the exact charges, but he was drunk on the street (walking, not driving) and talked smack when a cop stopped him. I think it was Drunk & Disorderly or something. Anyway, while he was in there they wouldn't let him have a belt or anything else like that.

The reason why? He was ex-Special Forces.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                      X