This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth digilight View Post
    But there is a difference between what we do, and going into target and asking if kmart has any ps3's in stock.
    Actually, we usually have the PS3 in stock, so we wouldn't send them to Kmart anyway. It's the Wii we get more demands for...and, somehow, customers expect us to know exactly where within 20 miles they can get one. We sell out of ours within hours of the shipment going on the shelves! Try...oh...a gaming store? Like the one across the parking lot?
    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
      WTF, these people actually think you're going to call competitors' stores to find out if they have an item?
      I worked at Office Depot for 2 1/2 years. People would ask us about Office MAX *all.the.time*!!! Phone numbers, locatons, returns, prices, inventory, everything...

So, in answer to your question, a very frustrating "yes"....
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

When people are dining at either of my establishments, and ask where ELSE is a good place to eat (since there are so many establishments to choose from down here), I have no problem recommending one or more places, and giving directions, and have even used my own cell phone to make dinner reservations for them. Why? Well, they ARE customers spending money at my establishment, they are NOT going to dine ONLY there, and they generally appreciate a server going above and beyond like that. And they will remember that, hopefully, and come back--and they often do. And often comment to my manager how helpful I am.

Also, if someone comes in that is not a customer and is asking either (A) where some type of non-dining establishment is, or (B) where a specific dining establishment is, I also don't mind giving them directions. In the first case, they appreciate the help I am giving them finding them clothing stores, sandal shops, souvenir places, etc. In the second case, they are already looking for a particular place for whatever reason (meeting friends? business meeting?), but will remember how helpful I, a staff member at my Bar, was to them, and will hopefully come back some time in the future.

What I will NOT do is help people who come in off the street, are not buying anything, and ask "Where's a good place to eat?" Um, right here? "No, I was looking for something different." And we're supposed to help you find it WHY?

And yes, people will do that. Constantly. Annoyingly. And are surprised that we won't help them.

They are also surprised that we won't let them use the bathrooms or provide change for meters if they aren't patrons of our establishment. Gee, ya think?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I get this all the time. I say we don't have something, and I either get asked if ** would have it or "where can I get it"?

I do not know if any other shop carries the crap that you are after. How the hell should I know?

Sometimes, I get asked if I can call other shops. Not my shop, but in a different location, but ANOTHER shop. Yeah right! The answer is always "no".

And I wouldn't mind if they asked me if I knew where they could find whatever it is that they want, but they ask like I am required to tell them, since we didn't have it.
          "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Another thing I get, which is more a bar thing than a retail thing, is this:

SC: "Hey, not much going on in here, huh?"
            JESTER: "Not yet, but the night is still young. Who knows what's going to happen?"
            SC: "Well, hell with that. Where's the happening party NOW?"

Now, how the hell would I know? I am WORKING, and I am working HERE. Which means I don't know what is going on ELSEWHERE, dumbass.

More importantly, why would I send an impatient annoying asshat like you to a happening place that I like? You might drop my name and get folks annoyed with me there!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
              I worked at Office Depot for 2 1/2 years. People would ask us about Office MAX *all.the.time*!!! Phone numbers, locatons, returns, prices, inventory, everything...

I used to deal with something like that at Bellsouth, before the recent merger with AT&T. I used to answer my phone with "Thank you for calling Bellsouth, how may I help you?" and the customer would ask "Hi! Is this AT&T?" Ugh, I hated that. I wanted to reply with "No, sir, this is not AT&T. Don't you hear good? I said 'Bellsouth, how may I help you?' when I answered. What more do you need?"

Comment

If people popped in too early and asked me where a place to eat was, I'd go ahead and do it for these reasons: 1) There are plenty of great local places to eat at that beat arena food. 2) Arena food is expensive and bad. 3) The fancy restaurant while nice is too pricey and the food is bland. I prefer to give out the better local places as they tend to have food that never disappoints.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post

So, in answer to your question, a very frustrating "yes"....
                  I feel for you, I worked at Office Max, and they would do the same to us.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
                    WTF, these people actually think you're going to call competitors' stores to find out if they have an item?
                    Actually, I do this for people, especially emergency meds. Most of the time though, if I don't have it, neither does anyone else, and I can usually get some stuff in next day.

Had someone ask me how much sudafed costs in Washington tonight. One, I don't know what the base cost is anymore, two, they have sales tax and I don't know what percentage that stuff is taxed at. So, that would be a big, fat no.
                    It took awhile for that to sink in, unfortunately.....

Comment

Working...
                    X