This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this over parking!?!?!

The other day, one of the ladies who works at the service desk parked her car a couple inches over the line when she came in to work. This is very understandable because there is a lot of snow and ice on our parking lot and it can be hard to see the lines.

Some anal-dwelling twat monkey out there wasn't so understanding, and left a note under her windshield wiper.

Here now, is the note in its entirety, as best as I can remember it. The words in parentheses are sound effects which you should imagine to enhance your reading experience:

Your piece of (whistle) Jeep was parked six inches over the (boing) line. Nice parking job. You park like an (ahwoogha!) Learn to park like a normal person, you egomaniacal (foghorn)(bicycle horn). (Quack) you!

Needless to say, the sound effects replace certain colorful words used in the note. Mind you, this was for parking a couple inches over the parking stall line; not for calling somebody's mother something not nice.

Quite a tricky situation here. Somebody is very obviously off their meds and inflicting themself on poor unsuspecting victims all across town.

The lady found the whole thing pants-wettingly funny, as did everybody else at work who she told about it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Tell her to double park next time there's a storm. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll come back...
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Now, granted, I do get somewhat angry when people think it's okay to use one parking spot per $15K they spend on their car.

But six inches? When you can't really see the lines that well?

Cripes.

Also, I lol'd at your censorship.
      Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Ugh. I had one of those notes on my car once before. I had a long, stressful day at work, it was raining out and I just wanted to go home and ignore the world for the weekend. I go out to my car and there's one of those notes. I parked within the lines but apparently I parked too close to the line and the person next to me had a tough time getting into her car and decided to leave me a lovely note about it. I was not a happy person.

Comment

Quack. /snicker
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Leaving a note was appropriate, a nasty note wasn't. When people park stupidly it is usually out of laziness and lack of consideration. They need to be called on it.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHA
              oh, the sound effects just made it for me. now everyone at work is looking at me like I'm insane...*cackles gleefully*
              Back on topic - wow, that dude has some SERIOUS issues. Could you imagine what he's like at home?
              "OMG, you put the *ding-dong* fork a 1/4 of an inch too close to my *baaaaaaaah* plate!"
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Your piece of (whistle) Jeep was parked six inches over the (boing) line. Nice parking job. You park like an (ahwoogha!) Learn to park like a normal person, you egomaniacal (foghorn)(bicycle horn). (Quack) you!
                That's just *asking* for someone to mess with your car. If you can't see the lines because the lot isn't clear, or simply because they haven't been repainted since 1982, most people are pretty forgiving. However, locally, we get the idiots, who, seeing an entire row of 2 cars facing each other....will park behind one of the cars (in the aisle) for some reason, and box that car in. Usually, it's some dumbass in an expensive car...and yes, said car usually *does* get a note on it, and occasionally gets scratched up (or worse!) in some way.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Really tough people, leaving an ANONYMOUS nasty-gram.

Comment

So, my car only cost 12K; does that mean I only get 4/5ths of the parking space?

We had a customer come in once and give us a plate # and ask us to page the owner. Turned out the person was parked so close to this woman's car that she couldn't even get to the door, let alone open it enough to get into the car.

I have been known to park "slightly askew" but I am always within the lines. If the car is between the lines, even if they are close, then I don't believe there is anything to say about it. That said, I am never "askew" enough to block other people from getting to a spot; if I am I'll fix it.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      So, my car only cost 12K; does that mean I only get 4/5ths of the parking space?
                      My car cost me $2000-I wouldn't be able to park a mountain bike in that space!

I got one of those notes on my car a couple of weeks ago. I was down at my girlfriends place, and I parked on the street. I parked by a spot that was cleared of snow, and went inside her place. My girlfriend gets home from work, and said that there was a note on my car. I go out, look at the note, and the note says that I parked in this guys driveway, and if I ever park there again, he's going to phone the cops! Naturally, I moved my car.

The funny thing about this is the fact that the part of the driveway between the street and the sidway was perfectly cleared away-but the area from the sideway to the garage (which must have been about 50 feet or more-the garage was towards the back of the lot) was all snowed in, and looked as if it had not seen a shovel all winter--that's why I thought it would be OK if I parked there!
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

These days, parking lots that were designed 30 years ago won't even hold the new SUVs and vans that people drive, let alone the Hummers! Most of them won't fit in the small slots designed for the sub compacts we all used to drive.

Also, parking a small car between those monsters makes it hellish to try and pull out again...you can never see what is coming in either direction!
                        I no longer fear HELL.
                        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                          My car cost me $2000-I wouldn't be able to park a mountain bike in that space!
                          If it weren't for insurance money and money-lending parents, that's about what I could afford, too

The funny thing about this is the fact that the part of the driveway between the street and the sidway was perfectly cleared away-but the area from the sideway to the garage (which must have been about 50 feet or more-the garage was towards the back of the lot) was all snowed in, and looked as if it had not seen a shovel all winter--that's why I thought it would be OK if I parked there!
                          Sounds like my driveway for a week after the last snow/ice "megastorm" we had. (And by megastorm I refer to the weatherpeople's hype like they've never seen a cloud in the sky before.)
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                            Leaving a note was appropriate, a nasty note wasn't. When people park stupidly it is usually out of laziness and lack of consideration. They need to be called on it.
                            In a Target parking lot, where most likely the employee in question had to park in the boonies, and also where there was most likely a ton of other open spots?

Perhaps if there was assigned parking, but in this instance, the socially acceptable thing would be to go park elsewhere.

Comment

I posted pictures of this on a previous incarnation of the boards, so some of ya'll might remember it. A while back, my complex made one of the spots by my building a handicapped spot, They usually don't have them except in the spaces between the buildings, unless a resident specifically needs one, so this was put there for someone specific. Apparently, people didn't get the message and kept parking in that spot. Eventually, the girl in the apartment across from mine parked there, and the guy duct-taped a nasty note to the windshield, followed later by a copy of a letter to the management duct-taped to the driver's window.
                              Random Doctor Who quote:
                              "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
                              I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Working...
                              X