Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady with a few things, including wrapping paper, in her basket asks were the regular (non-Christmas) wrapping paper is. I indicate that we don't carry regular wrapping paper, just Christmas. I also mention that we have rolls of craft paper which are similar but a little narrower in the scrapbooking section. She goes off. About 10 minutes later I find the cart abandoned a few aisles past scrapbooking. Nice. Why not bring the cart back, especially because we were busy and completely out of carts?

Oh, right. Because she's selfish. I would like to send our customers to her work so she can deal with all these seemingly small inconveniences caused by other selfish people.

On that note, today people (or one very messy person?) kept pulling bolts out and leaving them on the floor. I don't mean on or two, I mean a dozen in each aisle. Wtf? The fabric actually was looking very nice this morning, thanks for ruining it.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      On that note, today people (or one very messy person?) kept pulling bolts out and leaving them on the floor. I don't mean on or two, I mean a dozen in each aisle. Wtf? The fabric actually was looking very nice this morning, thanks for ruining it.
      I hate that. It dirties the fabric and then we can't sell it. Also hate idiots leaving their unwanted stuff all over the store, everything from unwanted merchandise in the wrong section to coffee cups and melted ice cream. Did their mamas not teach them proper manners?!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Look on the bright side. You haven't found (or at least you haven't told us about finding) a used diaper stuck in among the bolts of fabric.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
          I hate that. It dirties the fabric and then we can't sell it. Also hate idiots leaving their unwanted stuff all over the store, everything from unwanted merchandise in the wrong section to coffee cups and melted ice cream. Did their mamas not teach them proper manners?!
          And unwrapped fabric quarters. It says right on the label how big it is! Our custies love to leave things on base decks or the next peg over - anything but the peg they got it from. Oh, and you gotta love all the used kleenex stashed in the fabric fixtures

Comment

• To some of my fellow shoppers at the Dollar Store this afternoon:

I doubt you guys were purposely trying to be sucky, and I realize you guys needed/wanted to use a shopping cart, but none were available. That being said, next time.....WAIT until I've finished gathering my bags up before saying "Oh, here's a cart!", and trying to grab it. (will admit, this was one of the few times I rolled my eyes and muttered a comment about people being impatient".....as I left the store)

Comment

• Quoth chimera View Post
              And unwrapped fabric quarters. It says right on the label how big it is! Our custies love to leave things on base decks or the next peg over - anything but the peg they got it from. Oh, and you gotta love all the used kleenex stashed in the fabric fixtures
              Try being a young kid just starting out in retail (department store similar to Kohl's but started w/a B) and one of your coworkers tells you about finding the evidence of Mr. Monthly Visitor (Kotex included) left on the floor in the ladies' fitting room in Apparel.

Not funny when you're trying to handle orders at the snack bar while hearing this.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Dear petulant guest.

You seem to think I care that you're going to check out and go sleep in your truck because the rate went up on Monday (which was clearly listed on the registration card you signed). Go ahead, knock yourself out. Enjoy freezing because you don't want to pay another $20. By the way, I'm not sure we allow overnight parking for non-guests, you might just get a visit from Officer Friendly.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Dear stupid customer,

The reason why I am interrupting you when you attempt to tell me exactly what is wrong with the pump that you were trying to use is as follows:

1. There is nothing wrong with the pump.
                  2. You are stupid.
                  3. All you had to do was press a button.

In closing, there is no point in getting huffy just cuz you lack the brain cells to press a button to choose to pay at the kiosk rather than pay at pump. No, I am not going to log the pump for repair as it is not broken. The only thing wrong with the pump is the fact that it's being used by a stupid person, ie you.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Dear guests.

It seems like a good number of you decided the luggage carts were your personal storage system. There were none on any of the 9 floors in the hallway (I looked) so a pregnant lady had to carry her suitcase (she wouldn't let me do it for her) when she might not be in any kind of shape to be lifting. I eventually convinced her to use a rickety old cart I found by the hotel kitchen.

Really, what is so strange about putting the luggage cart BACK? You don't have to make another trip down to the lobby, just push it out into the hall and I'll get the damn thing.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Dear Old Bat:

First, let's pull the stick out of your ass, shall we? Your gas pump is fine. Yes it is. Look, I turned it on for you. Oh, good, you managed to pump gas and find your way inside, and---what? No, you didn't get super unleaded gas using the regular unleaded hose. No, you fucking didn't. Let's walk outside and look. Yes, by all means, make it clear in the most disdainful voice you can that you DO NOT want the ethanol gas. Hey, look: The pump worked right. Now shut up and pay me, please and thanks. Please don't come back. You'll do both of us a favor staying away.
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Oh how I wish the old bat had cut off another vehicle to get to the combo pump island when the other islands were empty, the other vehicle did NOT go to one of the empty islands, and Old Bat bitched to you about the nozzle being wrong, so she had to hold it against the hole in the filler neck rather than sticking it in.

Some people will understand what would have been happening, and why Old Bat deserved it.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I guess gas is different over there; here, ethanol's in regular gas rather than super.
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Did she get diesel?

Comment

• Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                              Dear Old Bat:

First, let's pull the stick out of your ass, shall we? Your gas pump is fine. Yes it is. Look, I turned it on for you. Oh, good, you managed to pump gas and find your way inside, and---what? No, you didn't get super unleaded gas using the regular unleaded hose. No, you fucking didn't. Let's walk outside and look. Yes, by all means, make it clear in the most disdainful voice you can that you DO NOT want the ethanol gas. Hey, look: The pump worked right. Now shut up and pay me, please and thanks. Please don't come back. You'll do both of us a favor staying away.
                              If she has any sort of repair as long as she owns that vehicle, she will ask the mechanic every time, "Do you think it could be from ethanol in the gas?"

All she needs is one mechanic or auto parts store employee to say, "It might be..."

She'll be filing a repair claim. It may be 5 years in the future and it's a flat tyre, but she'll claim it was because you gave her the wrong gas.

It's going to snow soon, and all of the idiots that couldn't be bothered to put Sta-Bil in their snowmobiles' gas tanks this spring will be in complaining about how the ethanol in the gas ruined their snowmobile when it won't start. These guys have the same complaints with the lawn mower in the spring.

When I get that question posed to me, I tell them that I have been using ethanol-blended fuel for over 20 years and have never had the problem they are describing in my carbureted antique automobile, seldom used OBDII fuel injected car, daily drivers, lawn mower, snow blower, or weed whip. Same holds true for my brother with his motorcycles, or my father with any of his cars, riding mower, UTV, and tractor. We've also been using Sta-Bil for close to 30 years in the small gas jug in the garage and any vehicle before putting away for the season. Yeah, it's the ethanol in the gas... Moron!

Comment

• We once had an SC try to wriggle out of paying for the super she'd accidentally pumped instead of regular unleaded by basically doing the "It was like that when I got there!" She shut up and paid after we pointed out that we had the entire transaction on CCTV, including the part where she picked up the super nozzle, put some in her car, realised after pumping £10, put it back and picked up the regular unleaded nozzle.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X