This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this customer trolling me?

This is just so confusing. I can't wrap my brain around this customer's thought processes.

Let's call her Anita. Anita is a long-term customer, but all she's had with us is a small savings account where she gets her social security and pension direct deposited. Her brother-in-law and his girlfriend live with her. They also have a similarly small savings account with us.

My involvement started about 2 months ago when Anita called asking about our mortgage programs, as she was planning on buying a house in another part of the state. I told her and offered to mail her an application packet. She said to wait because she hadn't chosen a house yet.

Anita called back about a week later and said she couldn't afford to move, so could I send her an application for home improvements? Oh, and by the way, she doesn't have much income, so could her BIL apply with her, even though he doesn't have any credit? Her credit was fine, she said. I said that was fine, since no credit is better than bad credit.

I got the application back about 2 weeks later, pulled their credit, etc. Anita was right about her BIL's credit - he didn't have any. But her credit wasn't so fine. Many past dues and accounts that had been charged off by the lender. So I turned her down.

Then she started calling about once a week asking if her BIL's GF (who she started referring to as her sister-in-law ) could apply. And she was back to saying they were all moving to this city in the southern part of the state. And how much would payments be on a loan of varying dollar amounts? Each time she called, she acted like she hadn't talked to me before.

Her most recent call was yesterday. She was still claiming that SIL was going to apply for a loan to buy a house in <City>. But she didn't ask for an application, just information on our loan programs and how much the payment would be.

Today, I found out all 3 of them had closed their savings accounts last week. Technically, they're no longer customers. Yet when Anita called yesterday, she acted no differently than any of the previous calls.

I really feel like this lady is trolling me.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Troll or not, somehow I don't see any loan getting approved here...

Comment

No kidding, eltf. Unless the bank really wants another Betty
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think she's just one of those people who don't pay attention to any staff they encounter. I get it all of the time...

"The guy I talked to yesterday told me XXXXXXX!"

Yeah, I was the guy you talked to yesterday. In person.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          No kidding, eltf. Unless the bank really wants another Betty
          Doesn't EVERY bank deserve more than one Betty?

Sorry, Ghel!

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
            I think she's just one of those people who don't pay attention to any staff they encounter. I get it all of the time...

"The guy I talked to yesterday told me XXXXXXX!"

Yeah, I was the guy you talked to yesterday. In person.
            Or they insist that they spoke to you specifically on a certain day. Then they don't believe you when you tell them they couldn't have because you were in England at the time.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I don't think she's trolling you. I think she really expects if she makes up her mind you will give her money.

Comment

She sounds like a flake basically.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Here's what I see: She wants some money. She just hasn't hit on the story that's going to open the bank vaults yet.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This same customer and her SIL decided to hit up my boss. He said Anita brought in her son, too, who appeared to be developmentally disabled. From what I gathered, it sounded like she thought her son could co-sign for her, despite being unemployed and having no credit.

But instead, Anita and SIL applied together for a home loan to buy a house in <City>. Similar to the previous application, we had to turn them down because of Anita's lousy credit and SIL's lack of credit. Maybe now it'll get through their heads that it's not going to happen.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                      Maybe now it'll get through their heads that it's not going to happen.
                      Pffffft! And maybe I'm Xena, Warrior Princess . . .

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                        From what I gathered, it sounded like she thought her son could co-sign for her, despite being unemployed and having no credit.
                        A developmentally-disabled son with no employment (probably just some small government handout) and no credit sounds like a wonderful co-signer!<sarcasm mode off>

Seriously, do these morons really think anybody's straining at the bit to loan them money?

Comment

Something in the back of my head faintly perceives the delicate scent of an attempt at a scam. Possibly the BIL and/or the GF have conned Anita into borrowing money on their behalf?

I'll admit, I'm no financial wiz. But that's the vibe I get off this.

Comment

Working...
                          X