This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe i'm just a sick twisted bastard but.... oh wait I am, ok anyways,

I do love to discuss politics, and religion, BUT I do it from a historical aspect.

With out entering fracking territory lol Person will say Belief A or did you hear about Political Party B and I will respond with a History lesson on said topic. I always Aced History, I have read thousands of books growing up as I did not have friends moving each year. So it doesn't matter the topic i'm well versed especially compared to the left and right wing nuts that all seem to have failed the GED but want to talk to about BLAAAA! lol

Anyways after about 5 min of Professor droning mode they start to get the eye glaze and then find other things to do lol.

I think I totally avoided Fracking on that one. yaa me. As Uncle Egg Shen said "It wasn't Easy!"

Comment

I had the kids at school asking me who I was going to vote for.

I responded by saying that in America, your vote is personal and private and I don't talk about who I will vote for.

Over weeks they kept harassing me, demanding to know.

Finally the last week of school I caved. "I'm voting for Obi-wan Kenobi. He's our only hope."
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
        Finally the last week of school I caved. "I'm voting for Obi-wan Kenobi. He's our only hope."
        That needs to be a bumper sticker!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

No no, everybody vote for me, I.P. Freleigh.

A NEW BAG FOR OUR LEADERSHIP VACUUM.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            No no, everybody vote for me, I.P. Freleigh.

A NEW BAG FOR OUR LEADERSHIP VACUUM.
            Just FYI, snorting fettucine alfredo hurts. Yeah, yeah, my own fault . . .

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
              I think I totally avoided Fracking on that one. yaa me. As Uncle Egg Shen said "It wasn't Easy!"
              Fracking, Fratching, close enough

Just as long as we don't have any big trouble in little CS, it's cool
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Actually, in southern NY/northen PA, Fracking is a topic that belongs in Fratching.

Quoth morgana View Post
                Just FYI, snorting fettucine alfredo hurts. Yeah, yeah, my own fault . . .
                Just a reminder - if you're going to have a soft drink while reading CS, Carolina Cola is FAR preferable to Georgia Cola. After all, people won't get the wrong idea if you say you snorted Pepsi.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm voting for Alice Cooper. He still wants to be elected
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    The Wild Party - yep, definitely gets my vote
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                      I had the kids at school asking me who I was going to vote for.
                      I used to be like this in middle school. I didn't care about political discussion, I was just curious who my teachers voted for. I've since outgrown this.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Just as long as we don't have any big trouble in little CS, it's cool
                        I may have watched to much Battlestar Galactica...

Nice to see you got the Lopan joke too lol.

Comment

Heh. You'd be surprised how many "Wait, people caught that?!?" references you'll see on this board The average age, and breadth of experience, of our userbase tends to skew a bit older and wider, respectively, than many other sites.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And funnier!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              That needs to be a bumper sticker!
                              Oh, it is... And a T-shirt, and probably a whole lot of other things....
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                Actually, in southern NY/northen PA, Fracking is a topic that belongs in Fratching.

Just a reminder - if you're going to have a soft drink while reading CS, Carolina Cola is FAR preferable to Georgia Cola. After all, people won't get the wrong idea if you say you snorted Pepsi.
                                Aaannnnnd I just choked on my iced tea. Fortunately for both my kindle and my poor stuffy nose, it didn't come back through. Damn it, wolfie lol. I'd done so good today.

Comment

Working...
                                X