This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sure, I'll pay for your groceries--if you'll pay my rent!"
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      But seriously, does that finagling for free groceries ever work anywhere?
      If you complain and scream loud enough when Shithead is on duty at my store, yes
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        If you complain and scream loud enough when Shithead is on duty at my store, yes
        I can see how he earned that nickname.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I once had a customer who said, in all serious, "Can you pay for my petrol?" I replied that since I couldn't afford to run a car, it was unlikely in this lifetime.

In reality, I don't drive cuz I live within walking distance of work, but I figured this way worked better as the customer immediately dropped the subject in embarrassment.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't get it. Like, literally, what's the joke he's trying to make? Can someone explain it?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I can see how he earned that nickname.
              He's been getting better, although we still have to call him out occasionally (SC brings in spoiled meat with a 3-day-old receipt on the hottest week of the year, or a box of cereal with a sell by date from last year using a receipt from yesterday). With him it's more of "I can't be bothered to deal with this/look up the right code/find the right paperwork" than intentional malice.

Silent--A lot of SCs must think that grocery employees get some massive discount/perks like other retail slaves. Or they make so little they know all sorts of 'tricks' to get stuff for free and will happily risk their job just to stick it to the company. One of my comebacks for that is "So you'll support my family after I get fired? No? Okay then."
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

snugglegirl05, I don't suppose you could ask your coworkers if other people have tried the same thing? This happening twice in short order is quite a coincidence, and I'm wondering if there's a meme running around.

Comment

Working...
                X