This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint my husband received

My husband received a call from his direct manager today letting him know that he had to attend a meeting with him, his direct manager and one of the clients that his employer has a contract with.

My husband deals face to face with customers on a daily basis at work.

Apparently a customer whom he recently dealt with complained to the client I mentioned in the first paragraph that he invaded her personal space. Apparently according to the customer she does not like her personal space invaded.

The problem is this....

She never told my husband when he dealt with her that he did this.

So my husband had a meeting with all 3 of them, and he was told about this particular customers complaint. So now he has to mindful of how close he is to customers when dealing with them.

I guess this customer expected my husband to read her mind.

If I was there I would have laughed because this is just silly to me.

While I have a small amount of sympathy for the customer (I am 4' 10.5", so my personal space bubble is quite large or I get a crick in my neck talking to people) I will explain if I keep trying to back up and they keep trying to get closer. Complaining for something that she hadn't tried correcting him on in person? The complaint should have been

Use words, people. Telepathic upgrades are still on order.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Considering the ongoing issues with the employer, I almost wonder if they are only looking for reasons to let your husband go. They keep piling on more expectations than he can fulfill and then add in stupid complaints like this so that when they finally cut him loose they can claim they let him go with cause and deny unemployment payments.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
        Considering the ongoing issues with the employer, I almost wonder if they are only looking for reasons to let your husband go. They keep piling on more expectations than he can fulfill and then add in stupid complaints like this so that when they finally cut him loose they can claim they let him go with cause and deny unemployment payments.
        This is exactly my line of thinking as well, they are creating a paper trail for a future firing.

Not that it matters that it's full of completely unreasonable expectations...

Comment

Update

Turns out the property management company that owns the parking garages as well as the parking lots in the area of parking garages my husband works at wanted the monthly customers who park at one of the parking lots to enter their vehicle information into a database that keeps track of this information. These monthly parkers were notified several months ago by receiving a notice on their car.

One of the duties my husband has to do is to audit the parking lot where these monthly parkers park by using a machine that is connected to the database.

The problem is this...

None of the monthly parkers entered their vehicle information into the database.
          So when my husband audited the lot, he just continued giving them violations since their vehicle information was not entered into the database by them.

And I would not be surprised if no-one read these notices since we know that sucky customers do not pay attention to signs and then complain when there is a problem.

Cue the many complaints from these monthly parkers.

My husband has been transferred to another location. He now works under a different manager whom he has worked under before.

This is just ridiculous to me because the property management company is too cheap to hire someone to enter this information into a database, and so they expect the monthly parkers to do this. I bet the monthly parkers assumed that this information was already entered. So now someone else takes his place.

I would not be surprised if there is a revolving door of employees for this job since when I worked there in 2014 there was a revolving door of employees for my job as a porter.

Comment

Working...
          X