X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would my brilliant paint idea work?

Striped paint!
    If you had a very long tube with different grooves of coloured paint in and squeezed it as it came out (in the same way that you do with a toothpaste tube to get the stripes in toothpaste) would it be able to come out in stripes as you painted it on the walls?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I think you could set up the tube this way, but as soon as you brushed or rolled it onto the wall, it would start mixing together.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

It might be interesting to use this in combination with a paint roller, squeezing different colored paint onto different portions of the roller, and then always rolling in one direction and not overlapping. You'd wind up with some mixing and unevenness at the edges, but that might add to the visual effect. You'd want to have a few coats of an even base underneath so you don't wind up with parts of the wall left unpainted, since you'd only want to roll over each area once.

Comment

No matter what you did, if you want layers, you'd have to leave most of the area unpainted and paint one layer. Then let it dry and paint the next section, and yes, you'd still have to expect color blending.

Let me put it this way; if you tried to paint red, white, and blue together, no matter what you did, you'd get lavender.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X