Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if I should tell that there are Basselopes out there. That would freak her out even more.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Jackalopes are meateaters. A herd of jackalopes can strip a buffalo to the bone in about 3 hours, give or take 15 minutes. But if a buffalo catches a lone jackalope it while stomp on the 'lope until it is nothing but a smear for fur, antlers and goo.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

This reminds me of a couple of calls I get a few times a year.

The first is a request for The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern. I'ts kind of funny. In his introduction to his book by the same title William Goldman writes about his childhood experience and his research in the above mentioned book. It doesn't exist. He made it up.

It's an easy trick to fall for. He mixes up fact and fiction in his introductions, but people are so disappointed when I tell them that they are on a snipe hunt.

The second is for The Book of Counted Sorrows. Dean Koontz "quotes" from this non existant book.

And no, the Necronomicon is not a genuine ancient text. The ones you see in the stores were written in the '70s.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
          The first is a request for The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern. I'ts kind of funny. In his introduction to his book by the same title William Goldman writes about his childhood experience and his research in the above mentioned book. It doesn't exist. He made it up.
          So the book that the grandfather was reading in the movie by the same name doesn't actually exist? I had no idea. I always assumed the movie was based on a book, with a few humerous elements added.

My son and I just watched the movie a few days ago, and he asked me if there really was a book. I told him there was. Guess I was wrong.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            So the book that the grandfather was reading in the movie by the same name doesn't actually exist? I had no idea. I always assumed the movie was based on a book, with a few humerous elements added.

My son and I just watched the movie a few days ago, and he asked me if there really was a book. I told him there was. Guess I was wrong.
            No, the book does exist. It just isn't by S. Morgenstern, it's by William Goldman (who also did the screenplay for the movie). William Goldman simply (and fictionally) references "S. Morgenstern's" book in his introduction.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

They look like one of the previous worth1000.com contests, the one to mix breeds and animals together. My favorite was the zebra worm
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
              X