Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always funny when they choose the hard way over the easy way.

We had an incident back at the supermarket where some teenage males came in, just looking to pick a fight. I didn't see any of it actually happen, just heard the commotion and saw the aftermath. When I ran up front to see what happened, one of my coworkers had the one guy in a wrestling hold. What I was told happened was, the two walked in, and completely unprovoked, one of them asked one of my coworkers, "What are you looking at, you racist motherfucker?" (They were black, coworker was white, but didn't have a racist bone in his body.) Then, they walked over to the checkouts, and one of them jumped one of the customers who was waiting in line. I don't know if he was targeted, or if it was completely at random. That's when one of my other coworkers pulled him off the customer and put him in the wrestingling hold. He had him pretty good, he couldn't even move. His buddy didn't even try to do anything, just stood there and told him, "Let me friend go!"

Naturally, the manager kicked them out. They went outside, but not off the property. Instead, they sat on the bench by the front door, in full view of the office. So the manager called the cops. The first coworker -- the one they insulted -- was nice enough to go outside and warn them that the police had been called, and the one said, "Aw man, fuck the police!" They stuck around until the cops showed up, and were taken away.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      Naturally, the manager kicked them out. They went outside, but not off the property. Instead, they sat on the bench by the front door, in full view of the office. So the manager called the cops. The first coworker -- the one they insulted -- was nice enough to go outside and warn them that the police had been called, and the one said, "Aw man, fuck the police!" They stuck around until the cops showed up, and were taken away.
      If I were the manager, I wouldn't have let the coworker warn them. I would marked down our popcorn, made the staff microwave available, and set up chairs so that everyone could watch those idiots get what was coming to them.

Where are the parents in all of this? Who the hell led these kids to believe that the choices they made that day were in any way societally acceptable? And further, why, after making choices like that, are they not just... locked up? Being part of society is a privilege, not a right, and if you can't act right, then you shouldn't be allowed out amongst everyone else who is playing nice, keeping their hands to themselves, and keeping a civil damn tongue in their heads.

If anyone wants to know why I'm childfree, that story was your answer. But I won't elaborate on that, because I know how quickly CF talk leads to fratching territory D:
      Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

"Call the police! Call the police!" in their native language.
        Sounds like he wants to be arrested then. Perhaps he thought the police would aid him but... with all the security footage AND a translator it's not going to happen the way he dreamed it would.

As for the legs - I remember back when I was in security training on my last ship. One of the master-at-arms described having to do that to someone who was resisting/belligerent etc.

of course the translator part kinda reminds me of those SC stories about customers who either don't speak the local language - or pretend not to - in order to wear the cashier down over a discount that doesn't exist. cos you know it's a scam when a translator shows up and the customer suddenly has a cat-butt-face because they can no longer pretend to not understand.

Comment

Working...
        X