This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gizmo View Post
    A friend of mine is about 46 (as far as we can work out) and still gets ID'd and loves it. Does a lap of the bar everytime!
    I'm 43 and still get carded every now and then.

Quoth The Hurting View Post

30 would be considered old if you were talking to a 4 year old.

My dad went to go buy cigs where my aunt works (We both work for the same supermarket chain, but different locations), and was a bit un-inpressed about getting carded. Not because he's 49 and looks a few years younger, but because he looks a regular 40 something person and was still being asked for ID.
    I really prefer that clerks/bartenders/what-have-you just card everybody regardless of how old they look. Takes all of the guess work out of it. Tough if someone gets offended.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      SC walks up and asks for cigs.

Me: Could I see your ID?
      SC: *turns to girl who walks up behind her.* Gettin' ID'd. I must have had you when I was four. Stay here. *walks outside presumably to get her ID.*
      Me: *waits.*
      SC: *Comes back*
      Me: *looks at ID, gets cigs* Okay that'll be X.XX.
      SC: *pays*
      Me: Okay now you have a good day.
      SC: Right. You too. But I'm still calling your manager you cocky bitch.
      I love cracking a smile and saying "I'm just following the law, not like I can be written up for it"
      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

That reminds me...

I was at one tobacco store when a couple of teenage girls came in and asked for cigarettes. The cashier said she needed ID. One of the girls provided an ID and she was underage. The cashier said, "Sorry, I can't sell to you," and they left.

They came in with an older lady a couple minutes later, and I was thinking, "Oh, boy, she's going to buy cigarettes for them." But no! She handed the cashier a gift certificate for one of the local stores, and thanked her for doing her job.

Seems they were part of a team that was checking compliance on ID laws, and the cashier passed with flying colors!
        Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

I got carded two weeks before my 42nd birthday this year....at a bar I used to work at, no less!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I once got carded at a bar after I ordered a diet coke. I clarified that I wasn't having any alcohol as I searched out my driver's license. Apparently under 18's (UK) aren't allowed in the bar after 9pm. And clearly, that's the only reason that someone would order a non-alcoholic drink lol! To be fair, it is in a chain that regularly gets stung for serving drinks to under-age people, so maybe they were just cracking down.

And thus ends the tale of the only time I was carded.

Comment

Sorry, people, but you WILL get carded if you're anywhere close to the required age of being legal! I'm not a cashier, but I'm getting pretty sick of customers who whine and cry like babies because they're being asked for ID to buy an item that MINORS CANNOT PURCHASE. Hand over your stupid ID and keep your whining mouth shut. There always IS the option of not smoking or drinking alcohol because THAT WAY, you won't have to be carded at all for purchases!!!

Comment

I'm 21. Look like 13 often.

I don't get carded or ID'd in small towns in Japan, cause they are a bit more relaxed, but back home...
                Its hilarious. I never tried to get anything without my ID that was for adults. A few cashier friends offer to put it through anyways, since they know my age, but I know that if they ever got caught, that that person, their boss/chain, and I could all get in big doo doo here in the California state.

Comment

The truck stop at exit 5 of the QEW in Fort Erie has a sign up about ID for tobacco - and the only ID they'll accept is an ONTARIO driver's license. Considering it's a truck stop, they're more likely than other types of store to get people from out of province. How is somebody who ISN'T FROM ONTARIO supposed to show an ONTARIO driver's license?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm constantly amazed that I don't get carded more often. I look a lot younger than I am (and I'm only 30), but in something like 95% of the time, I don't get carded. About the only place that's consistent about it is Bevmo. On the other hand, I tend to pull out my ID to hand them ahead of time.
                    Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

Working...
                    X