X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seraph View Post

Deny, Deny, And Maybe Reality Will Change

Client: I'd like to get a custom made graphic, sorta like this <insert high detailed graphic I'd done for another client>

Seraph: Sure, things like that start at $35, can you give me some further details?

Client: No, I'm sure you have a premade graphic you will change a bit for me, and give it to me for $5. Where do I paypal you?

Seraph: Um, no, its all custom work for these, no premades. They start at $35.

Client: Where do I paypal my $5 to?

Seraph: You mean $35, right?

Client: You just aren't getting this, are you?

Seraph: I'm pretty sure you're not the one getting this. $35, starting price, nonnegotiable. Now excuse me, I have paying clients. :P
    He seems to have you confused with Fiverr.
    Last edited by shopgirl15; 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM.

Comment

... and Santa, I would also like at least one holiday story by Seraph ...

*checks CS*

YYYYES! Another FESTIVUS MIRACLE!

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Hi guys, been a rather chaotic time for me, so I haven't been able to post a lot lately. Sorry.
      Oh, that's quite all right. Quality is worth the wait. *hands Seraph a mug of eggnog*

Quoth Seraph View Post
      you can see in the log where HE logged in, browsed a bit, then specifically went in and turned the design off, then on, then off."
      This guy is the sort who would go to a restaurant with a jar of dead bugs in his pocket.

Quoth Seraph View Post
      "Good? Good. Now where do I send the money?"
      Oh, but don't you see what he did there, Seraph? He included your agreement in his e-mail, thus obligating you to go along with his terms! Hmmm...he should've just gone for free service while he was at it.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        In the art world they don't call it plagiarism or copyright infringement.

They call it forgery.

It's still wrong no matter what you call it.
        Actually, there's one case where it wasn't wrong - and it was called "defrauding the Nazis". When a certain group of thugs took over a large part of Europe during the early 1940s, they wanted to get their hands on cultural artifacts, and didn't care too much whether or not the person selling them was the actual owner. One artist took advantage of this situation. After the war, he was charged with collaboration on the grounds that he had sold cultural treasures, but he had an unusual defense - he had forged the paintings involved, so they weren't cultural treasures.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What a load of awesome. Imagine if they had CAUGHT him forging, though!
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Actually, there's one case where it wasn't wrong - and it was called "defrauding the Nazis". When a certain group of thugs took over a large part of Europe during the early 1940s, they wanted to get their hands on cultural artifacts, and didn't care too much whether or not the person selling them was the actual owner. One artist took advantage of this situation. After the war, he was charged with collaboration on the grounds that he had sold cultural treasures, but he had an unusual defense - he had forged the paintings involved, so they weren't cultural treasures.
            actually, it was still considered wrong to forge the paintings ( although IIRC, that particular forger is so good the forgeries are themselves worth a fair bit in their own right) it was more that collabration was a significantly worse offense. ( Forgery would get you a fine, at most IIRC, while collaboration... you're looking at prison if im not wrong, if you can avoid being lynched)

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post

*checks CS*

How appropriate, since Seraph's Sucktomers often indulge in the Airing of Grievances.

Not sure, though... would Seraph's seemingly effortless deflecting of their grievances count as part of the Feats of Strength?
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                Could anyone explain to me what he was doing with the Paypal thing.. I dont use it and really dont know exactly what he was trying to pull.

It sounds as if he was trying to get it all done for a penny (extremely sucky) but I think there might be more to it I am not seeing.
                Yes, pretty much. There's a way to use browser addons to stop a PayPal checkout process midway through, and then change the amount you pay to whatever arbitrary amount you want to put in. He thought I wouldn't notice when he changed it from over $100, to 1 cent. :P

Quoth Cat Herder View Post

*checks CS*

Awwww man, its your fault D:
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                  I wanna know how to copy-pasta... it sounds yummy
                  CTRL + SHIFT + macaroni.
                  Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Working...
                  X