This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Arcus View Post
    What saddens me is that teller most likely didn't have a choice in pushing it. Some idiot at the home office decided that everyone that doesn't have their credit card should have one and the only reason they don't was because they were never showed how great it is. They truly can't understand why anyone would say no so it must be the fault of the teller not explaining it right.
    That's also how pushing pre-orders/reserves, warranties, and magazine subscriptions worked back at the game store. Presumably their rip-off credit cards, too, but those were after my time. The worst part is that Corporate seemed to literally believe this crap.
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-24-2019, 09:03 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I believe my bank may have opened itself up to some lawsuits regarding this change as well. Customers have to be notified of changes to accounts that might be detrimental (this certainly qualifies) at least 30 days before the changes happen, by regulation. For most customers, that's fine. The notices went out with statements on November 1, and the changes are effective December 1. However, customers who have e-statements haven't been notified, as far as I can tell. I have e-statements, and I didn't get a notice, neither by email or in my e-statement. If the notices went out in the mail for e-statement customers, I should have received it by now. I let the Branch Manager know on the 1st, so he could bring it up with those who were coordinating this at the main branch. But I still haven't heard about any sort of resolution. I fear that somebody dropped the ball.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Today's story is all on the customer, not the bank.

SC: I'm not happy to see there's a charge on my statement for paper statements.
        Me: We sent out letters back in November about the account changes. There were brochures showing the new fee schedules.
        SC: Oh, I remember getting that. But I didn't understand it, so I threw it away.
        Me: <mental facepalm> If you didn't understand it, you should have called or stopped in so we could go over it with you. The only way to avoid the fee is to either have a senior account or sign up for online banking with e-statements.
        SC: I already have online banking. I don't want all this paper, anyway.
        Me: Ok. Sign up for e-statements, and you won't have that charge going forward.

Thanks for living up to the stereotype that customers never read anything we send them.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

"I don't want to put forward the mental effort to read and understand this thing, so I will ignore it until it goes away. If I ignores it, it doesn't affect me."

Comment

Working...
          X