Go Back   Customers Suck! > Orientation > Returning members

Old 04-03-2020, 09:30 PM
Chairman of the Board

I don't recall whether I was a member here when you were around . I don't post my stuff on FB even though none of my current coworkers are "friends" because why take the risk ...

I work as a grocery store cashier but the sucky customers at my store are rare indeed. It's often more of a case (especially now, with the COVID issue) of people not thinking. I often have to ask people to please back up, away from the customer currently at the card reader, but to date everybody has been "Oops, sorry" about it. Ditto for the times when I have to say "I'm sorry, but you can only have [two cans of soup] or [one package of TP]." The worst I get is 'Oh, sorry, I didn't see a sign" said in a polite tone of voice. I'm damn sure the signs are up there, but again, the customers are polite and non-argumentative about it, so I figure it's just a case of not seeing what was actually there, which is quite common.

It's definitely gotten quieter around here, which may or may not be a good thing (fewer people being sucky??)

Old 04-08-2020, 05:40 AM
Cashier

I retired in August. Due to my extreme hatred of people after so many years of customer service, I didn't wait for the COVID rush and started self isolating shortly thereafter.

I read here every day, but haven't posted because no stories

Old 04-08-2020, 11:45 PM
Tarot-carrying novelist.

Same here. I read the site almost daily, but I don't work so I don't have anything much to post. Except when I get an idea for the customer complaint letter game.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:53 PM
Retired

I had computer issues and had to reset my computer. As a result, all my shortcuts vanished, so I've been busily retrieving them from Silicon Heaven. I didn't realize I'd forgotten the shortcut to this site until I told my husband about one of Argabarga's posts, and realized I hadn't been here in awhile. So, I'm back.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:32 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Still here. My tax office is closed (I turned in the key mid-April) likely 'til early July as the deadline to file and pay was extended to July 15th.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 05-26-2020, 10:44 PM
Den Mother

I"m still around here, but not as often as I'd like. Being an "essential" employee is hard enough these days, but also having to basically run the household and not only keep track of all the kitties, but also my Mom and brother both are really starting to drain me at times.

I still come in when I can . . . and yes, it's been quieter here. I suspect it's a combination of life issues and perhaps the CS page on FB being used quite a bit.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still here, but I rarely have 'new' material. There's just not as much going on, since I've been working from home. Kate is still annoying, but that's about it.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:17 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Perhaps it's....that the SCs are dying off?! In that case, saddle up the horses ok they're quarantined,make it lizards. I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse...

Old 06-07-2020, 07:10 AM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth taxguykarl View Post
Still here. My tax office is closed (I turned in the key mid-April) likely 'til early July as the deadline to file and pay was extended to July 15th.
And I just realized I'm going to be trying to collect from CPAs who are too busy to pay me in July. Well, I guess I do deal with that every April.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:28 PM
Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid

Still here. I just moved in with my boyfriend who recently evolved to Fiance. I'm getting married next year.