This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family member nearly an SC

*Nothing happened with this because they left their gift card and receipt at home, but this definitely would have been a sucky situation for whichever Target employee had to deal with this*

To give some background info, my mom got my cousin "Ross" a Target gift card for Christmas, and because they don't have any Target stores in the area where they live, he waited until last month (when he had to take his son to an event near Phoenix) to use it.

They had to come to Phoenix again this past weekend, and apparently were planning to go to Target to return the sneakers which Ross had gotten for his son........supposedly because they had a rip in them. Which would have been ok, except that the reason for the rip was because his son had been wearing them, so I'm not sure why Ross was thinking that the store would have accepted them as a return.

It depends on where, how and when they ripped. If the sneakers were defective, then returning them should not be an issue.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I once returned some of those no-skid type shoes to Wal-Mart. This was back when they still grilled you for the reason you returned something (now they just fall over backwards). I'd worn them for about a week at work and they were covered in fast food grime. The reason for the return? This pair of no-skid shoes were slick as hell and I'd fallen twice. I knew the brand and knew what to expect. Apparently the company changed something, because they were slicker than even my cheapo sneakers. At least I got my refund.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

bainsidhe -- were those Shoes For Crews, mayhaps? I've seen those before but not had any issues with them. Just curious. Then again, I don't think they sell at retail, just straight to restaurants, et al.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          The reason for the return? This pair of no-skid shoes were slick as hell and I'd fallen twice. I knew the brand and knew what to expect. Apparently the company changed something, because they were slicker than even my cheapo sneakers. At least I got my refund.
          This is why I loooooove my NurseMates slides*. I know those things ain't gonna slide. They actually worked better on an icy sidewalk than the hiking boots my best friend was wearing!

*Plus, they keep my feet warm, are comfortable as hell, and look cute with jeans.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

They were a brand called tred-safe, which I think is still around. This was before Wal-Mart carried Shoes for Crews brand. I did eventually purchase Shoes for Crews through mail order based on someone's recommendation. You can get them much cheaper now, but at the time (appx 15 year ago), a $45 pair was one of their cheaper shoes, so it was a big deal spending so much while working for minimum wage. And yes, they were worth it. Nice no-skid soles and the shoes were well-made and lasted. Working around food and grease normally kills shoes very quickly, but these held up well.

*advertisement off*
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X