Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I tend to favor using my wand over my athame. It feels less threatening, and more welcoming, to the spirits.

What she's done will come back on her.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Shame on her for breaking stuff, and scaring people.

It's awful to break religious things on top of that. Break your own crap. Grr.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
        Break your own crap. Grr.
        But she owns her crap. Some people love destroying stuff just because it's not theirs.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
          At least cases like that are rare, like the infamous McD's coffee spill. But some judges/juries lack common sense. And..... I best stop or I'd be fratching, lol.
          Actually, poor Stella's been misrepresented horribly over the years.

"The Actual Facts About the McDonalds Coffee Case"
          http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

"Stella Awards - The 'Real' Stella!
          http://www.stellaawards.com/stella.html

Read the list of her injuries, & how long she stayed in hospital. It was not a joke, nor was she being a sucky customer.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            Read the list of her injuries, & how long she stayed in hospital. It was not a joke, nor was she being a sucky customer.
            And I'll point out, by their own article, the coffee was being served at the proper temperature of ~185 degrees. The lawsuit was more about the supposed need for a warning lable on a cup of what is supposed to be hot liquid. I'm still calling her an SC for foolish disregard of handling hot substances, and bringing suit against a company who provided services as recommended. Most people, especially long-time coffee drinkers, know coffee should be hot when first served.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Mind you, these days when coffee is served in paper cups, either the paper is textured for insulation, or you are encouraged to use two nested cups for the same reason.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                And I'll point out, by their own article, the coffee was being served at the proper temperature of ~185 degrees. The lawsuit was more about the supposed need for a warning lable on a cup of what is supposed to be hot liquid. I'm still calling her an SC for foolish disregard of handling hot substances, and bringing suit against a company who provided services as recommended. Most people, especially long-time coffee drinkers, know coffee should be hot when first served.
                Try again. Part of the suit is how McD's had previously been cited for keeping their coffee too hot - 185 is deemed "scaldingly hot" and they were supposed to keep it at 165 at most. They blatantly disregarded it, and then disregarded her complaint. Admittedly, she should not have been holding it between her legs while driving (a fact she agreed to) but if it had only been at 165 as it should have been, she would not have suffered 2nd degree burns to her vulva. And when she brought it to McD's, they laughingly offered her to refund her $0.25. And THAT brought on the lawsuit. Not that the coffee was hot, not that it was too hot, but that they showed an almost criminal lack of concern for their part in causing the injury.
                Last edited by Captain Trips; 03-31-2011, 10:13 PM.
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Let's move on.
                  If you wish to debate the "McDonald's coffee" lawsuit, start a thread at fratching.
                  This is not the place to do it.

Let's get back on the topic of the sucky customer.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                  X