Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't use those coupons. Seriously!

The hubby and I went to Sweet Tomatoes tonight after doing our workout at the gym. The place was packed for a Friday night, but not too bad. As we were waiting our turn at the register, we hear the following exchange between the manager and an elderly couple.

Manager: I'm sorry, but I can't accept these coupons. They expired in November.
    Elderly Guy: *mumbles about coupons as he shuffles through his stack*
    Manager: I'm sorry, but I can't take them. The register won't let me enter the codes.
    Elderly Woman: But what about our senior discount? What about getting the meals without drinks?

This goes on for about another minute before another worker finally rings us out. As we're waiting, Elderly Guy is walking around, flapping his arms and ranting to his wife about "not checking the coupons, why didn't you check the coupons?" all the while everyone else is waiting to pay.

I know if I'd had an extra coupon, I'd have given it to them, just to get the line moving.

Bonus:

I realize that Sweet Tomatoes is "all you can eat", but I swear sometimes people think it's also "how high you can pile the plate". As I got up to get some napkins that I couldn't get because Elderly Lady was blocking them, I saw someone who was seated behind us with their plates piled high with food. Two of them in fact.

I guess they didn't do this.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

That salad plate was nuts!

I've seen people do similar stunts (although not that impressive!) with their plates. I've always wondered how they eat like that? (Chicken Wing Jenga anyone?)
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
    X