X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror At The Pagan Store.

This comes to me third hand.

So last week Best Friend and I visited our local Pagan store because Best Friend was in search of a book by famous fairy artist "Ryan Cloud" and because we hadn't been in a while. We were talking with Female Clerk and her brother, and I noticed that one of the doors on the jewelry case on the countertop was missing.

A few days before, Teenage Girl (TG) and friends storm into the store and walk into the main room, where the jars of herbs are kept. They open the testers and sprinkle them over each other, racing around, throwing herbs everywhere. Then they try to grab the statues and athames to chase each other around with. (Athames are blunt edged double sided knives used to direct energy, to call the gods or in "magickal" workings-I say "magickal" not in a derogatory sense but because the energy work in performing spells is different than stage magician pull-a-rabbit-out-of-my-hat illusion tricks.) TG goes into the front room, where they keep incense, oils, jewelry, stones and crystals, etc, and starts playing with the oils, opening them up, sprinkling them all over the place. (And these are expensive, essential oils...) TG is told off by Cool Guy (CG) at desk to knock it off. TG throws hissy fit and starts cussing out CG. CG says, "Look, either knock it off or we will get you out of here in one of two ways-by police or by you leaving." TG throws bigger hissy fit. TG overturns jewelry case, throws case full of sharp crystal points at TG and lobs softball sized sphere at CG. CG finally picks TG up by belt and back of shirt and throws her out of the store. TG kicks in the glass door of the store and cuts herself, badly, then throws biggest hissy fit of all. Police are called, ambulance are called. Girl is arrested, surveillance video from at least 10 different angles is handed over to the police and plans to sue the parents of TG are in the works.

Just, wow.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

hopefully, the shop charges her for all the damaged merchandise. kids like that need a handler, leash and muzzle.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Sounds like that kid has some behavioral/emotional/anger management problems. I hope the parents don't let her out of their sight for quite some time! 50/50 chance they'll deny their little snowflake would EVER behave that way though!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm actually surprised that the shop owners sells athames full stop. One of the most famous witches in Australia, Fiona Horne, said in one of her books that she had trouble taking her athame with her when she went overseas because they'd keep asking why she had a knife in her bag.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

fireheart: They are legal to sell-but you need ID and to be over 18 to buy them. Why Herne doesn't use a wand is beyond me-it serves the same purpose except you can't carve things.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

They should absolutly make her pay for ALL the damage she caused.
            Those pagan type stores have such cool and interesting stuff in them.

Comment

Even if it weren't a Pagan store, the girl should not have acted like that in ANY form on private or public place.

I hope that we get to hear more on how it turns out, because i'd LOVE to hear what the parents are going to do to fix those damages.
              I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Holy sh*t. Cops should have been called right from the get-go. That brat is out of control.

I know someone who owns a pagan supplies store. It's a beautiful place. The thought of someone going nuts like that in there makes me sick. Even with insurance, she'd be out a chunk of money after clean-up, repairs, replacing broken/spilled merchandise.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                  fireheart: They are legal to sell-but you need ID and to be over 18 to buy them. Why Herne doesn't use a wand is beyond me-it serves the same purpose except you can't carve things.
                  I'm not 100% sure of the law here in Ausland, but I know that to buy the swords that my local game store sells you need to be 18 and older. I think the same applies to my boyfriend's Viking group.

a book I found at the library gives instructions on how to make your own athame.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've decided that within the next five years I will make an athame with a silver blade. I made some silver jewelry years ago, and the thought of making my own athame from scratch gives me joy.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Mine is made of wood. My best friend carved it out of a tree root he found years ago now. The things fits into my hand almost perfectly.

Of course, it also now mostly sits on a table next to my stone collection and various display weapons I've collected.

Comment

I can just hear her defense in court: "But it's OKAY, your Honor, they're PAGANS!"

(I can hear it because someone used the same excuse for giving me a hard time in grade school, but substitute "He's a Jew" for "they're Pagan." The teacher's response? "So am I.") (40 years later, she sought me out on Facebook with an apology, that she is different, realized how much pain it caused, and that she is now grown up and has realized that prejudice has no place in modern society. How could I not accept it?)

I bear no hope that this girl will apologize (or not at least for 40 years, see my paranthetical above), and I hope that this gets treated as a hate crime! Actions taken against ANY religion, just because it's different than your own, IS a hate crime!
                        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Trips: I don't think this was a religious thing. It seems to have been more of a spoiled little b*tch thing. I (and most of the people here) see kids run wild in stores and throw tantrums when they don't get their way far too often. This just seems to be the logical outcome of one of these kids growing into a teen without the proper discipline to correct that behaviour.

While worrying, it is not surprising (to me at least). Given current observable trends in "parenting", I'm afraid we'll probably hear more and more about incidents like this caused by "Little Precious".

May whatever Deities/Governing Forces you believe in have mercy on us sane, rational folk and our offspring. We're fast becoming a minority ourselves
                          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                            Sounds like that kid has some behavioral/emotional/anger management problems. I hope the parents don't let her out of their sight for quite some time! 50/50 chance they'll deny their little snowflake would EVER behave that way though!
                            That's why the surveillance video is a good thing. Especially in a store that sells high-end, unusual merchandise.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that trial. I hope the judge throws the whole library at her!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post

I bear no hope that this girl will apologize (or not at least for 40 years, see my paranthetical above), and I hope that this gets treated as a hate crime! Actions taken against ANY religion, just because it's different than your own, IS a hate crime!
                              Unless she specifically made references to the Pagan nature of the store when throwing her shitfit, a hate crimes charge isn't going to stick.

I'm with Syriilord. Sounds like the girl threw a fit just to throw a fit.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X