Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sounds like the girl and her friends were having some "fun" (after all, those kind of shops are very interesting to visit, even if you don't follow the same beliefs), got out of hand as teenagers are wont to do, and then pitched a huge fit when called on it by the employees. Earmarks of a tantrum, possibly by a girl used to getting her way all the time.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Not sure how old TG was, but I hope SHE is the one stuck paying for the damage, dime by dime. And heck, a good chunk of hours community service cleaning up after the brattiness of others. I hope she wasn't injured much, if only for the store's sake. I'm sure she'll argue how terribly she was treated and how she has a store-caused boo boo.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
        (after all, those kind of shops are very interesting to visit, even if you don't follow the same beliefs)
        So very true. I would love to buy some of that stuff,but I have no place to put them. Our mall once had a store with all native american artifacts,and another store with all chinese items (live bamboo plants,jade items etc) It's always fun to browse in those kinds of stores, but it's so tempting to buy stuff you don't need

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Holy sh*t. Cops should have been called right from the get-go. That brat is out of control.

I
          I SO agree. If I owned/ran a small shop, just one item of any value damaged, and they'd have the option to pay up and leave, or have the cops called.

With some of the ridiculous lawsuits I've seen in recent years, I just hope the parents don't try to sue the shop for her self-inflicted injuries (absurd, I know, but I've heard of worse suits winning).

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            With some of the ridiculous lawsuits I've seen in recent years, I just hope the parents don't try to sue the shop for her self-inflicted injuries (absurd, I know, but I've heard of worse suits winning).
            Unlikely. Courts don't have much sympathy for people who come to court with "dirty hands." That the brat was arrested for causing damage, and injured fighting with the cops will not endear her to any judge.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

That girl needs some good disciplining.

Do not fuck around in pagan stores. I mean, in anyone's store, but still. That is... Like, holy shit. That's just horrid. I don't think its hate crime, though. I think its just plain a crime.
              Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                fireheart: They are legal to sell-but you need ID and to be over 18 to buy them. Why Herne doesn't use a wand is beyond me-it serves the same purpose except you can't carve things.
                Wands and athames serve two very different purposes, and are not interchangeable. You can't sub a broom for a toothbrush..

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
                  Do not fuck around in pagan stores.
                  Yes, I believe retribution will come raining down on her.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    I hope the parents don't let her out of their sight for quite some time! 50/50 chance they'll deny their little snowflake would EVER behave that way though!
                    9/10 that's where the problems began.

Comment

Gah fractions
                      Re: 'Pagan' stores are fascinating: yes. There's like, two that I know of in my town... which is very Mormo-conservative, and they both somehow gives off the same vibe as the skins-and-fireworks place at the other end of the metro-area. (the skins-and-fireworks place, as it sounds, is a redneck place, but it's still clean and tidy. people who buy and sell furs, skins, and products of their hunting/trapping habit/necessity go there to buy and sell... and they sell fireworks year round. go fig.) The vibe is: this is a large place that sells shinies, and people go in and out all the time, but it's still like not a lot of people go in and out.
                      Re: rampaging teen-bitch: oy. I don't know what gets into people sometimes. Wrecking a store? Some smells you do not want on you.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                        Yes, I believe retribution will come raining down on her.
                        Yes, the Rule of Three will catch up with her.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth unperson View Post
                          Wands and athames serve two very different purposes, and are not interchangeable. You can't sub a broom for a toothbrush..
                          Off the top of my head, an athame is used to invoke things on the spiritual plane and to cast circles (YMMV), while a wand is more encouraging and designed to invite spirits or those to help with the spell. Athame=commands. wand=invites.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          Yes, the Rule of Three will catch up with her.
                          There is a passage in Salem falls by Jodi Picoult that shows an excellent example of the Rule of Three.

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

You can't sub a broom for a toothbrush..
                            Well, if the mouth is foul enough, I could fit a broom in that mouth...

Comment

[brag]Of course I live in Salem, so I'm always walking past those shops.[/brag]

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                                Unlikely. Courts don't have much sympathy for people who come to court with "dirty hands." That the brat was arrested for causing damage, and injured fighting with the cops will not endear her to any judge.
                                Let's hope that's the case. Unfortunately, it does happen now and then. There were a couple of cases in the news where someone broke into a home, injured themselves during the robbery, and actually won awards for damages. I don't recall all the details, but it wasn't actual traps set or anythng like that, either. I always thought you couldn't profit from something that happens while committing a crime, but there must be loopholes. At least cases like that are rare, like the infamous McD's coffee spill. But some judges/juries lack common sense. And..... I best stop or I'd be fratching, lol.

Madness takes it's toll....
                                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X