This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No paper bags?

Not too long ago I went to Wally World to pick up a few things after work, 'cause I was almost out of a few food stuffs. I paid for my stuffs, then moved down a little bit to put the rest of my bags into my cart and get my keys/sunglasses out to leave. I didn't leave fast enough for the guy behind me.

SC: Put everything into paper bags. *puts everything onto belt*
    Cashier: We don't have paper bags.
    SC: Sure you do, I've always gotten paper bags here.
    Cashier: Sir, we don't have paper bags.
    SC: *glares* Then I don't want anything. *turns to me* I can't believe they won't let me have paper bags.
    Me: I've been coming to this Wally World for seven years, they've never had paper bags. If you want paper bags, bring in your own.

I left before he could say anything else.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

He cares so much about not getting a stupid paper bag that he's willing to waste his whole shopping over it? WTF!? That guy had some screwed up priorities.
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
      He cares so much about not getting a stupid paper bag that he's willing to waste his whole shopping over it? WTF!? That guy had some screwed up priorities.
      And apparently waaaaay too much free time on his hands.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

See, I believe a lot of people actually know that a store does not carry x item, but they just want to make waves and see what happens.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've never seen paper bags at the EES.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Former NM informed me that some WMs do, in fact, have paper bags.

Which blew my mind because once upon a time I worked at the EES and never saw a paper bag, nor do I see them now when I shop there.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
              That reminds me of a story. Back in the early days of stores here in the land of leprechauns and Guinness charging for plastic bags, I had a middle-aged couple walk out of the store I worked in, leaving several hundred Euro worth of already-scanned groceries behind. Because I had the audacity to charge them for bags.

Of course all the signs instore informing customers of this charge and the law by which it was required went ignored by them as they went about their shopping.
              Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
              X