This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Theater Creeper!

Didn't think this actually counted as a sighting, so I put it here.

So tonight, my younger brother and I went to see Limitless at our local theater. We get our seats and are happily watching the movie, when about 45 minutes into it, a man comes in and sits one row in front of us but one seat over from me. So i'm diagonally behind him. It caught my attention that he came in so late, plus he had a GIANT tub of popcorn that was half gone, which was also weird, but I ignored it and kept watching. My brother goes to the restroom and comes back and about 5 minutes later, I feel something warm on my foot. (I was wearing flip-flops) I look down and the guy is laying with his feet up on the chair in front of him sideways, and has pushed his chair back far enough to where most of his face is actually wedged in our row and he is about two inches from my foot, breathing heavily on it.

This alarms me, and I wonder if by accident I put it too close to him, so I moved it far away. But now the guy is on my radar. He stays leaned back like that, not watching the movie, just staring at me and my brother and making strange little finger gestures, like he wanted me to move my foot closer. I still ignore him and watch the movie. But it gets to the point where I can constantly feel him watching and the creepy radar in my head is going off like crazy. I see that my brother has now also noticed him looking, as he keeps glancing at him quizzically.

So I shoot my brother a text that says "I am going to the restroom. If the guy in front of me moves a muscle, call me immediately." I get up, grab my bag, and take off. When I get out of our theater, I quickly take the escalator upstairs and away from the bathroom. Not even two minutes later my brother texts me "He just left!" I text him back and tell him to wait a few minutes, then meet me in the lobby. He does. At this point I have no idea where the guy is, all I know is I am thoroughly creeped out and I just wanted to get myself and my brother out of there safely. We see that security is outside so we go out and get in the car. My brother then calls the theater to tell them what was up and they were so glad we called and said they were going to look for him (it seemed like he was just going into random theaters all night.) They offered us free passes but I just wanted to go home so we drove home.

I did find it funny that I could hear the manager say "Oh, that is sooo not ok!"

That was about an hour ago and I am still creeped out. Normally, I would confront the guy, but seeing as I am 38 weeks pregnant and had my younger brother with me, I felt the best choice was to get out of there!!! I hate people like that! Luckily my brother had already seen the movie so he could tell me the ending, but seriously! Stupid asshole creepy people.
    We ask ourselves when we get in a fix, what would Popeye do in a tight spot like this? He'd race for his true love and easily win it, in an old spinach can with a mast stuck in it. -Jimmy Buffett

What a weirdo. I hope he wasn't trying to follow you!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You should have taken the free passes. Dude totally fucked your movie experience up.

I don't blame you for not confronting him, but with security out there and management aware of the situation, I think you should totally have taken them up on their offer of free movie passes.

That dude was the definition of the word "creepazoid."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

That dude was the definition of the word "creepazoid."
        Definitely agree.

Glad to hear that you had someone else there with you at least.

Hope things go well with you and bubs!
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My dad says something kind of similar happened to him when he was a young man. The guy actually tried to put his hands on him. I don't know how many drugs you have to take to think trying to grope a young thug in a gang jacket in a dark movie house is a good idea. I think violence was averted, but there was yelling and outrage. Dad says he was pretty freaked out.

Comment

I've yet to visit a theater where one can physically move their seat backwards. Then again it's been ages since I've set foot in a movie theater.

That guy was...several kinds of creepy.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

SC at another place of work, so I guess appropriate for Sightings.

I suspect that guy may be one of the type with foot fetishes. Can't understand it, but there's plenty I don't understand.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I've yet to visit a theater where one can physically move their seat backwards. Then again it's been ages since I've set foot in a movie theater.

That guy was...several kinds of creepy.
                Yeah at most of them you can't, but this one has super comfortable reclining seats.

Thanks for moving it to the appropriate place, Raps.
                We ask ourselves when we get in a fix, what would Popeye do in a tight spot like this? He'd race for his true love and easily win it, in an old spinach can with a mast stuck in it. -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

That's horrible! I'm glad you told the theater manager, and I hope you were able to give a good description of the sleaze. It's good that you didn't confront him, not in your condition, you don't know how far it might've escalated. Hopefully, they caught the guy and had the police take him away.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I hope they catch that letch.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ew. This one made me shiver. Yuck.

Glad you and bro were OK>
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good God, is the Skeevy Creep going to your movie theater now? AFAIK, his MO didn't involve a foot-fetish, but this seems like the kind of crap he'd pull.

Good on you for reporting him, and I hope that theater bans the motherfucker.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          I suspect that guy may be one of the type with foot fetishes.
                          Guess so too. And too cheap to pay for someone to indulge in his fetish. Bah what a creeper. I really hope they find him.
                          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I was twenty, and a greasy smelly guy came into the theatre, which was practically empty, and sat right next to me. He placed his arm on my armrest, with his hand hanging down, and kept on "accidentally" brushing his hand on my thigh. I kept moving away. Finally I realized he was a creeper. I left to go to the restroom, and he came out looking for me. I ducked into the restroom, feeling pretty scared, then, too scared to say anything to anyone, went back in there and asked MY MOM AND MY DAD to let me sit between them. I didn't really explain why.

In my defense, I had a hard spring quarter because I was assaulted in my home in April. I was dealing with it and found my parents were very stressed about it to, and implied that they didn't want to hear about it anymore. I went into therapy and luckily escaped into a Camp Counselor position all summer. I didn't want therapy. I wanted to escape. I've managed to put it past me, but this creeper was harassing me 2 months after the incident, and it sort of paralyzed me, and I was afraid to tell anyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X