X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Completely Frustrating

Agh, I hate when I do this to myself.

I was listening to Big R Radio - Alternative Rock on iTunes on Monday night, and this fantastic song came on... And I cannot remember enough about it to look it up! It was slow, it was acoustic, it was a man singing, the lyrics were pretty deep, and I'm fairly sure it was new. The past hour spent on Google has yielded nothing because, of course, I don't have enough information to go off of. There are no playlists from Big R to help me in my quest.

I know I've done this to myself, but argh. So frustrating.

That's a difficult one. You say that the Big R website doesn't have playlist, but would they have a sort of hitlist as in "most played last week"? Perhaps you could do a Google search on each of the songs on the hitlist and see whether one of them matches?

Oh, and another suggestion (though this is a long, LONG shot at it): if you have a smartphone with a TrackID app installed and you remember some of the tune and lyrics, try recording yourself singing/humming the tune, and perhaps the app is able to identify the song.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

NothernZel, those are both excellent suggestions. I tried to find any possible playlist with BigR's songs, and I went through the meagre handful that I did find with a fine-tooth comb and Googled the ones I couldn't recognize the names of, but nada. And alas, I have not yet upgraded to the smartphone world, so I don't have that either. I don't even remember any of the words or tune, just that the song was awesome. How great is that? :P

Thanks anyways, though!

Comment

You're welcome

As a last resort, if you can remember the approx time the song was broadcasted at, you could send a mail to BigR to see if they can help you?
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

HA!

So I was listening to Big R today at work, and they PLAYED IT AGAIN! I scrambled to write it down as soon as it came on so I wouldn't forget. Success!

And just in case anyone is curious, it was The Cave by Mumford & Sons.

Comment

So annoying when that happens - but thanks for reminding me to look for something else entirely!
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
            X