This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to drive forward when I feel it's safe to do so

So I'm at an intersection waiting to cross a street with busy traffic going both directions. Traffic from the other side coming from the right isn't really stopping. it finally clears but there is a car to my left in a parking lot that looks like it's going to make a right turn into my path. I hesitate because of that and because I'm a safe driver and I get honked at by someone who's waiting for me as there are oncoming traffic. (They are wanting to make a left turn). I waited patiently for traffic to clear so there's no reason why these newcomers should be getting their panties in a bunch. It's a Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend. You can wait an extra five minutes to get to the mall, buddy.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

i hate that. There's an intersection I have to turn left at, onto a county highway, on my way to work. 2 lanes on either side. The light turns green with an arrow on my side first, but it allows only about 4 cars before the arrow turns yellow, and the other side green. You can still make a left, as long as there's no oncoming traffic from the other side. there's also a slight incline, AND if someone on the other side is trying to turn left, you really cannot see around to see if anyone is coming straight, in the right lane.

I cannot tell you HOW many times I've been honked at for NOT making my left turn, or even pulling into the intersection, when I can't see. The reason i don't pull out is that even if the light turns yellow, there's a 90% chance someone will run it coming from the other side. And if i do just decide to do, and get hit, it will be MY fault for turning into oncoming traffic.

Comment

I'm in charge of my car. I will drive it as I see fit. You go drive yours as you see fit.

I got honked at once to turn right. Thing is, I knew the person behind me couldn't see what was coming from the left. I've had people honk at me for not turning right on a red light. The law says you may, not that you have to.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I've had people honk at me for not turning right on a red light. The law says you may, not that you have to.[/QUOTE]

You are impeding the flow of traffic when you refuse to move when you can. This can get you a ticket.

Comment

My first apartment was in the city, and the street I lived on crossed a one-way three-lane street that got pretty busy in the daytime. One time I was in my car, and was waiting to cross across this street, and cars were whipping past. It wouldn't be so bad if I was trying to turn onto the street, because then I'd only have to wait for the lane closest to me to become clear. But I was trying to drive across it, so I had to wait for an opening in all three lanes.

Some idiot behind me got impatient, and started yelling at me to "just go!" It was a nice day out, and my window was down and apparently his was too. Naturally, I ignored him. I didn't feel like getting hit by possibly three cars at once. I eventually found my opening, but looking back, maybe I should have pulled off to the side and let him "just go."
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X