Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryce! At last you've come back into my life!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce! At last you've come back into my life!

Ah, Bryce, how I have missed you!

My Lion tried to keep you away from me but my boyfriend's Tiger opened the door and invited you in.

Basically Bryce is a graphics program suited for making 3D landscapes & animations. They're up to version 7pro and ... I think because 8 might be in the works they've dropped the price to $0.00. Can't argue with free!

Maybe later I'll upload some of my images, once I get them moved over to this computer. That's the caveat to this program though... It doesn't work on Mac Lion and there's no word on when they'll actually fix that. However my BF is letting me use his old G4 tower (the one with the mirror drives) that's running Tiger, which installs Bryce just fine.

There is one downside though. While it's rendering you can't do anything else on the computer - unless you pick "Render to file". In which case you can do other tasks while it renders, but you won't see anything of the image until it's complete. (which is why this works for me cos I have the tower running next to my Mini so I can watch it render while posting online )

Anyway it's been kinda fun using Bryce again.
    (and it probably sounds weird but... it's also been pretty good for making web buttons & background tiles too)

Glad you're playing with it again. You know, you might want to look at Terragen. It's both Mac and Windows and should run on anything newer than OSX 10.4. And I have yet to find anything better for doing landscapes. Granted, it doesn't do a lot of the other neat things you can do with Bryce, but for what it does, it's amazing.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
    X