This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    At least someone figured out what the emergency stop button was for. That is, BTW, one of the situations it is specifically designed to address.
    true tho the guy helping her couldn't have gotten to it easily since he was on the other side of her.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Also, this is why I am so glad that yon not-so-local shopping centre has 2 travelators, one at each end of the mall. So Miss Entitled ass can use them if she so desires without falling over.
      If a travelator is anything like the movators around here (escalator-type mechanism, except shallower slope, and the "steps" interlock to produce a flat ramp instead of a staircase), she can't. Movators always have signs saying that strollers and wheelchairs need to use the elevators. There are special shopping carts that CAN use the movator, but they've got solid plastic wheels with circumferential ridges that fit the grooves on the movator tread, instead of flat treads - the ridges drop into the grooves on the movator, and the wheels jam automatically until you get to the top/bottom.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        If a travelator is anything like the movators around here (escalator-type mechanism, except shallower slope, and the "steps" interlock to produce a flat ramp instead of a staircase), she can't. Movators always have signs saying that strollers and wheelchairs need to use the elevators. There are special shopping carts that CAN use the movator, but they've got solid plastic wheels with circumferential ridges that fit the grooves on the movator tread, instead of flat treads - the ridges drop into the grooves on the movator, and the wheels jam automatically until you get to the top/bottom.
        I haven't seen any issues with parents taking their strollers onto the lift-or gophers for that matter. Generally they're the ones that are designed to be ridden on the road though.

Now as for a hand-operated wheelchair, THOSE end up using the lifts.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I haven't seen a scooter on an escalator yet, but I see people with strollers use them all the time. They ignore the elevator completely. Unless of course the escalator is not working, which is pretty frequent in the train station I use to get home.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X