This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Careers for People Who Don't Like People

I'll just leave this right here for those who have had too much of, well, people.

http://education.yahoo.net/articles/...lo_careers.htm

My wife picked career #1 a long time ago, and has been happy ever since.

Huh, I hadn't thought of #6, but now that I consider it I'd probably have most of the qualifications (and that field is probably willing to train in specifics as long as you have a good enough foundation).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Almost done with a degree in #3

Comment

I'm not sure that #6 should qualify. Ask any IT security professional and they'll tell you the easiest access is through various methods of Social Engineering. Combating that involves a LOT of face time because it usually involves dealing with idiots who are easily duped.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

And as a software man, I do end up dealing with customers on a regular basis - it's not like retail, but there are definitely communications and some people skills involved. Some customers are definitely easier to deal with than others, even when you only deal with one or two of them a year.

Comment

I do volunteer technical writing, but you don't hear many of those being permanent, long term jobs, usually temp jobs instead.

Comment

#7 Projectionist

I can come into work, do a 14 hour shift in a room by myself and speak no-one all day.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
              X