Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today (Saturday), we had our Easter dinner. Too many people working tomorrow. My sister's friend whose family isn't around came. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed our get together.

Friend of mine from Boston was in town. We went out and had a couple of beers.

Might see my dad and watch some basketball with him tomorrow. Nothing else left to do.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Theoretically going to church at 7am. Seeing as how it's already almost 2am, not sure how well that'll work out.

Other than that, probably finding iTunes songs to use up my cards, watching my dad play Tomb Raider, and going to dinner at my aunt and uncle's house around 4pm.

Comment

Watch kiddo find eggs, recover from working yesterday and church...not necessarily in that order

Comment

I'm actually going to church. Haven't been in more years than I care to think about. Last church got very 'new age', and I don't care for the minister. Mom has been going to another church for some time, and the parents of some of my good friends in elementary school go there as well. When my health problems started last fall, they were very supportive, and I even got a get well card from my former friend, who I hadn't talked to in 30 years. I've been meaning to go with her for a while now, and Easter Sunday seems like a good day to start.

Afterwards, Mom, my BFF, and I are heading to the coast for the day. Supposed to be sunny & in the 70s tomorrow, so it should be a beautiful day.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

My parents were meant to be coming over for Easter dinner, but Mum hasn't been very well (still isn't that good) so I'm taking the turkey, stuffings, vegetables etc over there and cooking it at their place. Dessert will be Old English apple pie with custard (or ice cream if people prefer)
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Make a Dutch Baby for brekkie, as wife and I breakfast together almost never, then J.C. Superstar, then a hay run/feed run. Dinner's up in the air still.

Happy Easter, Ishtar, etc. Day all!

Comment

Today my boyfriend and I went down to one of the "family fun" parks in my state. Neither of us had family commitments (which was a rare thing, normally we get together even though it's not for the Christian aspects). During the course of our 4-hour visit, we discovered:

-I kick ass at minigolf and putting in general. I wound up winning against him. I also managed to score a hole-in-one at one point. My partner on the other hand, accidentally went a little bit too hard a couple of times, resulting in him almost getting a hole-in-one on another hole.

-On the other hand, I suck at golf in general. I kept missing my swings (they have Par 3 golf) and when I DID swing, it went everywhere else BUT the green. My boyfriend on the other hand, took great delight in kicking my butt, then rubbing it in. (neither of us got par on the holes by the way, the closest was +2) I did OK at putting, but sucked at the long shots.

-I apparently need a child's bow when shooting in archery. I struggled to keep the string taut on my bow (these were recurve bows, not compound). My boyfriend is now seriously considering purchasing a bow for his re-enactment kit (he is going to be a 12th century crusader . And yes, I have started making horrible Monty Python jokes)

-Aqua bikes/trikes are incredibly squeaky! My boyfriend refused to go on one when we struggled to get it moving. We switched to the paddleboats instead where I got a decent workout!

-My boyfriend opted for two rounds of the archery, while I opted out of only one. I went and got my gear and the locker deposit back. Luckily, there was a tractor drawn tram going around the park and they stopped out by the archery field. I was feeling lazy so I'm like "OK, let's do this", hopped on and scored a free ride around to the archery field

Sadly it was raining a bit, so we couldn't do the dry slide

On top of that, going there, my partner was driving and almost missed the turnoff from a main road. His turn...let's just say that it more than compensated for us not doing the go-karts!

We're now making plans to either go go-karting or minigolfing near home
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  .... His turn...let's just say that it more than compensated for us not doing the go-karts!
                  At least it wasn't bumper cars... or was it?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm posting a bit late, but . . .

I was baptized, confirmed and took First Eucharist Saturday Evening at the Easter Vigil Mass at my local Roman Catholic Church. It was the end of a 13 year process of conversion for me.

It was a full immersion baptism; very unusual for modern Catholic Churches, at least in the US. I knelt in waist high water, and got doused three times from a pitcher. I was soaked when I got out.

The water was warm when I went in. But it didn't take long for the chill to set in. Brrr!

Other than that, Evil Empryss helped me install new laminate flooring in my living room/dining room. It's all done except the quarter round and looks very nice. I'm going to have to repaint, though: the flooring doesn't look good with the wall color like I thought it would.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X